Eleventh Grand Annual Dreamcast Tournament ~ First Voting

This forum is for Official Dreamcast Talk Game Contests. All discussion of game contests should be done here.

Poll: Choose a game!

Poll ended at Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:36 pm

Guilty Gear X
2
20%
Soul Calibur
6
60%
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
0
No votes
Virtua Fighter 3tb
0
No votes
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
0
No votes
Powerstone 2
0
No votes
Dead or Alive 2
1
10%
Project Justice
1
10%
Street Fighter III
0
No votes
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
0
No votes
Total votes: 10

User avatar
Captain Dreamcast
Developer
Posts: 322
Contact:

Eleventh Grand Annual Dreamcast Tournament ~ First Voting

Post#1 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:36 pm

UPDATE: Due to popular demand (3 people -_-), KOF '99 is also choosable now. Please reply in this thread if you wanna have it.

Finally, the greatest Dreamcast tournament of the 201st decade has begun!

Overview:
This tournament will determine the best all-around Dreamcast gamer. No more, no less.
During the 11 following weeks, 10 games from 10 different genres will be chosen (by you) and then played for one week exactly, starting with the fighters.
In case you're wondering why it's so grand, it will be a multi-board-competition, to make sure that as many DC-gamers as possible will participate.

Rules:
Specific rules will differ from game to game. For example, some games would be played for the minimum time, some for the maximum score. More on that after the first game is chosen ;)
A rule that always applies is that you will need photographic proof, just to make sure not everyone tries to cheat.

Ranking system:
It's pretty straightforward: Whoever ranks in first in a game gets 10 points, second place gets nine points, blablabla, so finally 11 and below score a whooping zero points. Whoever has the biggest score after the 10th game is played has the right to call himself the "Very best Dreamcast gamer".
I'm currently working on a dedicated ranking to keep track of all participants from all boards. More on that next week.

Boards:
Just if you wanna know, these are the sites that will participate, wether they want to or not:
- Dreamcast-Talk
- Segahub
- Snesorama
- SEGA
- DCEmulation
- Dreamcast-scene
- Senile Team

I am well aware that some boards are probably missing from the list. But this selection should cover most Dreamcast gamers.

... So much for the general part. :D

I wonder how the dc-talk regulars will do in this tournament. Looking at the experience and gaming knowledge of this board's members, I am expecting great things. ;)
Oh, and I also want to ask a question: Even though I have tried my best, I know that the list of fighters you can choose here is incomplete. So I wonder wether any of you is interested in aiding me to select next week's choosable games!

If you wanna help/have a suggestion/just feel like "saying hi" , either respond to this thread, send me a PM, or talk to me on IRC, gangsta-style yo, at dctalk's very own freenode channel. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Captain Dreamcast on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Great Justice!

User avatar
Anthony817
Leonard Nimoy
Posts: 1802

Re: Eleventh Grand Annual Dreamcast Tournament ~ First Votin

Post#2 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:14 pm

There are hundreds of guys that are over at Dcisozone you might want to post on there too. I am sure they would love to participate.

http://www.dcisozone.com/index.php
Image

User avatar
Captain Dreamcast
Developer
Posts: 322
Contact:

Re: Eleventh Grand Annual Dreamcast Tournament ~ First Votin

Post#3 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:52 am

Anthony817 wrote:There are hundreds of guys that are over at Dcisozone you might want to post on there too. I am sure they would love to participate.

http://www.dcisozone.com/index.php


Oh, totally forgot about Dcisozone :oops:

I'm gonna post there too, ASAP! :mrgreen:
For Great Justice!

User avatar
Anthony817
Leonard Nimoy
Posts: 1802

Re: Eleventh Grand Annual Dreamcast Tournament ~ First Votin

Post#4 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:33 am

Kool! I am a moderator over there so I will post in the thread and promote it for you. :D

Edit: Looks like Maverick already posted about it, but you might want to use his thread to post more details about it.

http://www.dcisozone.com/community/foru ... chat/1009/
Image

User avatar
Captain Dreamcast
Developer
Posts: 322
Contact:

Re: Eleventh Grand Annual Dreamcast Tournament ~ First Votin

Post#5 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:54 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Kool! I am a moderator over there so I will post in the thread and promote it for you. :D


Thank you Anthony, and thank you too Maverick, I'm currently writing the thread on DCiSOZONE :)

UPDATE ON DA COMPETITION:

Sega Official forums got kicked. By themselves, no less :shock:
Here's what they wrote me:

Code: Select all

Dear Captain Dreamcast,

You have received a warning at SEGA Forum.

Reason:
-------
Piracy

Captain Dreamcast, at least one of the sites you mention hosts illegal roms. Having users participate in games from such a site is considered engaging in piracy and is against Sega's rules.


Quote:
A user is not allowed to give links directly to pirated material or give links to sites containing pirated material. This includes but is not limited to Software (including game roms and images), music, any form of art, or anything else which is copyrighted. A user may freely discuss piracy on the boards, however may not actively engage in it in any way. Distribution of emulators or discussion of emulation is fine so long as game software or other copyrighted software (including a system BIOS) is not distributed illegally 

-------

Original Post:
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?p=6233644

Quote:
"Finally, the greatest Dreamcast tournament of the 201st decade has begun!

Overview:
This tournament will determine the best all-around Dreamcast gamer. No more, no less.
During the 11 following weeks, 10 games from 10 different genres will be chosen (by you) and then played for one week exactly, starting with the fighters.
In case you're wondering why it's so grand, it will be a multi-board-competition, to make sure that as many DC-gamers as possible will participate.

Rules:
Specific rules will differ from game to game. For example, some games would be played for the minimum time, some for the maximum score. More on that after the first game is chosen
A rule that always applies is that you will need photographic proof, just to make sure not everyone tries to cheat.

Ranking system:
It's pretty straightforward: Whoever ranks in first in a game gets 10 points, second place gets nine points, blablabla, so finally 11 and below score a whooping zero points. Whoever has the biggest score after the 10th game is played has the right to call himself the "Very best Dreamcast gamer".
I'm currently working on a dedicated ranking to keep track of all participants from all boards. More on that next week.

Boards:
Just if you wanna know, these are the sites that will participate, wether they want to or not:

boards removed by moderator.

I am well aware that some boards are probably missing from the list. But this selection should cover most Dreamcast gamers.

... So much for the general part.

I originally came here looking for challengers. This hasn't changed eight bits. If any of you think the've got what it takes to be the very best, be sure to participate. Just to remind you: Some real good Dreamcast gamers from other boards will be taking part.

If you wanna help/have a suggestion/just feel like "saying hi" , either respond to this thread, or send me a PM"   

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
SEGA Forum


In how far is it piracy if only the communities take part? And where exactly did I link to any of them?! They dare lock my thread? I LOCK THEM OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT!! :evil:
DCiSOZONE takes their spot.
For Great Justice!

User avatar
Anthony817
Leonard Nimoy
Posts: 1802

Re: Eleventh Grand Annual Dreamcast Tournament ~ First Votin

Post#6 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm

All for the better then! :lol:
Image

User avatar
Impulse
Admin
Posts: 2047

Re: Eleventh Grand Annual Dreamcast Tournament ~ First Votin

Post#7 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Captain Dreamcast wrote:
UPDATE ON DA COMPETITION:

Sega Official forums got kicked. By themselves, no less :shock:


Sega mods are pretty strict when it comes to homebrew servers and "piracy". A user previously posted a link to dc talk on Sega boards and it was removed because we host a PSO server. I should have told you not to even mention what other forums would be involved. You could try re-posting it without mentioning any other communities. I'm pretty sure every dc community out there has something that Sega would not allow on their boards.
-Impulse

User avatar
Favrenation
Outrun
Posts: 1137

Re: Eleventh Grand Annual Dreamcast Tournament ~ First Votin

Post#8 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:04 pm

I hope to participate. What about people lying about their score? I can video capture my footage for maybe promotion or something?
PS2 Online Gaming

User avatar
Anthony817
Leonard Nimoy
Posts: 1802

Re: Eleventh Grand Annual Dreamcast Tournament ~ First Votin

Post#9 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:14 pm

Pictures are a MUST! Also! No gameshark codes either! I would reckon that using NullDC might be good for those that dont own their own DC yet. I had to do that for like a year and a half before I caved in and bought the one I have now. So people using NullDC could take screenshots very easily.
Image

TeamXlink
Rank 9
Posts: 952

Re: Eleventh Grand Annual Dreamcast Tournament ~ First Votin

Post#10 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:34 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Pictures are a MUST! Also! No gameshark codes either! I would reckon that using NullDC might be good for those that dont own their own DC yet. I had to do that for like a year and a half before I caved in and bought the one I have now. So people using NullDC could take screenshots very easily.


Pictures from a digital camera also count, don't they?

I've got to test some of these games, I've never been a big fighter fan, although on the original Xbox I was really into Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive, but I wasn't good at it. I'm going to try and participate regardless of how bad I do.
Last edited by TeamXlink on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Game Contest”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users