Trizeal - High Scores

This forum is for Official Dreamcast Talk Game Contests. All discussion of game contests should be done here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Re: Trizeal - High Scores

Post#51 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Yeah definitely let me know what you find and try the other screen mode too and let me know how that works. The wife's at work so either later tonight (assuming I'm sober enough) or sometime tomorrow I might get her to hold the phone and record for me. By the way, I got to level 3 with 3 credits and no ability to see the bullets but I figured it would have made for a terrible recording and I didn't last the whole way through it :lol:

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#52 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Looks like that was exactly my problem. I killed that left turret too fast and those enemies didn't come. Now I stay in the bottom middle of the screen, give it some indirect fire while waiting for those enemies. Kill 'em, then full on laser on the turret...

Tadàà, 100 percent... :D

As Frankie would say: "Relax, don't do it, when you want to suck it to it."

But shoot it in the right direction
Make making it your intention
Live those dreams
Scheme those schemes
Got to hit me
Hit me
Hit me with those laser beams

:mrgreen:
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#53 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Nice!! Did changing the screen help at all?

ChrisHa2049
photon blast

Post#54 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:57 am

Well, having a lot of free time again, I decided to give the game another whirl. What the fuck... Finally getting in a groove, it came together as well as could be expected...for once.

2,492,590 - ChrisHa2049 - ST5 - yellow - Dreamcast

Sorry. 8-)
We're bunched together on the Triangle scoreboard now. (17,18,19)

"As could be expected", because stage 5 completely overwhelms me once the shaft descent starts. The asteroid field is child's play by comparison. So I think I'm done playing for score and will spend just a couple more days practicing stages 5 & 6 in hopes of clearing the game within 5 credits. I pray my sanity stays intact...

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#55 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Brian is going to have a heart attack... :lol:

Added your score... ;)

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#56 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:04 pm

ChrisHa2049 wrote:I pray my sanity stays intact...

Sounds like a great game! 8-)

ChrisHa2049
photon blast

Post#57 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:33 am

^It ain't bad. But yes, I may have exaggerated...a little. ;)

However, the game might have a serious flaw. Several times now, mine has crashed at the start of stage 5. The music keeps playing, but the game otherwise totally freezes, and the only thing I can do is power off. Doesn't always happen, but when it does, it's always the same spot. So I think it's the game, but maybe it is my DC. It's never happened before, but then again I hadn't played so much of stage 5 until recently either... And so far every other game works fine.

So I said I wasn't playing for score (not consciously anyway), but there was this one run that I was sure to easily break 2.5m points. Start stage 5 with a solid plan of attack and 2 lives in reserve...and of course the damn game did its 'hilarious' freeze trick again...and that great run was gone... :( :x Fuck...

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#58 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:47 pm

I thought youd be exaggerating on that :lol: sounds like a bitch of a game, though.

Question: how does uploading the scores ranking work? Does it work using BBA? Does it work using a burnt copy of the game from dcisozone?

Thanks 8-)
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

ChrisHa2049
photon blast

Post#59 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:44 am

Uploading a score is simply a matter of writing down a password the game generates for your highest score, and typing it in at the developer's website from your computer or whatever...
http://www.triangleservice.co.jp/html/t ... index.html
I'd guess it doesn't matter if it's from a burnt copy. As long as it gives a valid password...

So as it turned out, I did once clear the game using exactly 5 credits. Good enough, as a 1cc is surely not gonna happen. Stage 5 boss and the Final boss are just too intense. :lol:

I also may have solved that stage 5 "freezing" problem...just don't touch the controls until the enemies show up. Strange, but it hasn't happened again...

Oh, got a new high score too... ;) (#16)
2,646,040 - ChrisHa2049 - ST5 - yellow - Dreamcast

...and I'm done now. Got other games that need playing... :lol:

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#60 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:02 pm

Score added Chris. Nice job dude...

:|