Do I suck at Record of Lotus War or is this common?

This forum is for Official Dreamcast Talk Game Contests. All discussion of game contests should be done here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Alipheese
shadow

Do I suck at Record of Lotus War or is this common?

Post#1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:21 pm

Edit: I made a mistake in the title. I wrote this very fast so sorry x-x

I have been playing Record of Lodoss war for quite the days now and am starting to get a bit frustrated at the fact that my guy falls on his butt almost every hit I take at the areas I am in. The game says to increase DUR to make it happen less but even at 200+ DUR he is still falling on his butt at the same rate. Broken? Or I really have no clue what I'm doing.
Last edited by Alipheese on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Do I suck at Record of Lotus War or is this common?

Post#2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:18 pm

Lotus War? :lol:

Lotus War.jpg

I think you mean Lodoss War. It's a game I have yet to pick up so I can't comment.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Alipheese
shadow

Post#3 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:43 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Lotus War? :lol:

Lotus War.jpg

I think you mean Lodoss War. It's a game I have yet to pick up so I can't comment.

Yah...crap x-x I wrote that kinda in a fury of madness lol. Well I can fix it here but I guess no one is going to respond because I spelled it wrong.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#4 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:54 pm

it's prolly not entirely your fault, it is a VERY hard game after all :mrgreen:

but since I played it through a few times, I can only say this: you're simply prolly not strong enough (yet) for the stuff you're trying to do
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

Post#5 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:39 pm

It is an extremely hard game. I got a suit of armor that stopped me from falling at all. Otherwise I thought there was something else you needed to upgrade IOT reduce stammering about and ending up on your ass. I will look at mines when I get a chance but I've been quite busy as of late and haven't fired the dreamcast up in about a month. Don't feel bad though. Having had it off and on since it came out I still have very little idea what I'm doing.
Currently sucking at: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Road Rash II and Pirates! Gold

Searching for EGG, SFA3, and ANY GENESIS/CD/32X games.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#6 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:21 am

Maybe it is better to start over than. It is a huge game after all, and if you put it away for some time you can easily forget the stuff you did (or didn't do).

The basic rules for the game are:
- upgrade your hero rather than level up
- the above means you have to refine EVERYTHING you find with the blacksmith. Don't worry as you can always duplicate the item later if you need it. Refining gives you mithril, which you need to upgrade your weapons, armours, shields, etc...
- save up to have the blacksmith forge the oriental sword, it takes some running around, killing enemies to get the mithril, but it is a very powerful sword.
- explore EVERYWHERE you can go, & see you always carry some pickaxes, as they will let you mine mithril in certain places (blue rocks)
- save often and be prepared to die A LOT
- don't let the sheer size of the game demotivate you, it is fucking HUGE (+50 hours If you complete it 100% If I remember correctly), but it IS a great game.
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here