Official Bleemcast Disc Check Hacked

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderator: VasiliyRS

Hotdog374657
noob

Re: Official Bleemcast Disc Check Hacked

Post#51 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:50 am

Yeah, sorry for reviving this forum but I could not find any information about the bleemcast disc rebooting and how to fix it.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#52 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:03 am

On my official page on TIZ I had posted various settings you needed to use in DiscJuggler. If you can find a link backed up on Internet Archive, it should have all the settings documented. Let me see here if I can find it. One moment.

Oh wait, the settings I used are on the first page of this thread.

I got the GT2 disc to burn using DJ 6 trial with making it Audio mode, Block 2352., TOC CD-DA.

So I reckon that would be the best setting for those 2 discs, not sure what worked for the MGGS one. I remember I had a hell of a time burning this particular version of the emulator that was hacked to skip disc check. I am on a GDEMU now with 128gb micro SD card, and no working DC here with disc drive. So I can't be more help than this.

I also had a compatibility list I got the community at TIZ to help me create from testing out all the games they could.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180820023 ... =27&t=3665

If I remember correctly, mistamontel got MGS VR missions or something else to work with saves fully working as well too. I believe that was the only game anybody could get working fully with this version of the emulator.

Hotdog374657
noob

Post#53 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:17 am

Thank you

mistamontiel
Vagabond

Post#54 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:26 am

INTEGRAL! INTEGRAL!!!

Nay was someone else's discovery. Quite stunning to me too as why would the Bleem! gang just lock every flavor MGS1 so huge thanks to the cracker(s) @ dc-swat

And then SolidSnake11 crafted xdelta patches to stop Integral's libcrypt protection =}

NeoSnk
dirty sailor

Post#55 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 am

I remember I played Metal Gear using a pirate version of the retail Bleemcast and it worked great. I have a question, is there a CDI with the reail bleemcast (Metal Gearl, Tekken 3 and Gran Turismo 2) the game together? Then we could play these games on DreamShell or GDEMU.
Homebrews + Tutorials + Interviews (Dreamcast/Sega Saturn): https://titangamestudios.com/

I'm Titan_Guy on PSO :)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#56 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:58 pm

Unfortunately not, nobody was ever able to get the retail games to be selfbooting with the emulator and the disc all in one like is the case with the beta. Unfortunately we may never find a work around either. Such a shame because before I got my Dreamcast in 2000, I was a huge Gran Turismo 2 gamer. One of the greatest racing games of all time on the Dreamcast is such an awesome thing, and rendered in higher resolution as well with Anti-aliasing and hardware acceleration is almost too good to be true.

Wombat
Crazy Taxi!

Post#57 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:50 am

Seeing the progress Japanese-Cake has been making on the Bleem protection, this might pave the way for selfboots using the proper Bleem versions.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#58 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:04 am

Wow I had no idea he was doing such a thing! Been a while since I checked his blog! Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Got a link to where he has posted about messing with it?

Double Edit: I found this post. https://assemblergames.com/threads/unof ... ost-942702

Wombat
Crazy Taxi!

Post#59 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 am

Here you can find his latest update on the matter :)

https://twitter.com/jc_dcdev/status/1080916326003007488

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#60 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Wow thanks a ton Wombat! This is really exciting then! So maybe after all, those of us with clone GDEMU's don't have to worry about not being able to update the firmware since a perceived update from Denuan isn't needed if he actually removes all protections!

If self booting games can be made, then I think we need to revive the compatibility list for the hacked version that skips disc check. I think there must be some other handful of random games that would work with saves as well as Metal Gear Solid Integral.