DREAM BEATS OF RAGE 7.2 With VMU ICON RUMBLEPACK AND VMU SAVING

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Poll: What improvement, do you want, to see the most ?

Ported Video FMV cutscenes
38%
Scale Rending
17%
Change's from new src ported down
45%
Total votes: 53

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: DREAM BEATS OF RAGE 6.8 VMU SAVING

Post#191 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:12 pm

Bug fix coming for menu.bin no more problems with the menu etc 6.8r1

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#192 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:24 pm

Wow you are awesome Ian
a petition:
If you manage to add vibration , puru puru or jump pack compatibility this would become as i said before, in the best version of openbor on any device.

And i dont mind if you want to take a rest from this engine in a while after that.
Last edited by Dakangel on Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#193 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:53 pm

Dakangel wrote:Wow you are awesome Ian
a petition:
If you manage to add vibration , puru puru or jump pack compatibility this would become as i said before, the best version of openbor in any device.

And i dont mind if you want to take a rest from this engine in a while after that.

Looking for kos2.0 puru jump pack example sample of code to add it to this cant find any i know old version from kos1.1.9 and it dont work on kos2.0..

i was sure kos examples had one but i dont see it i will have to look on dcemu

thanks mate..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#194 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:03 pm

32 bit pal now working fixed menu freeze 16 bit working 8 bit working

demo 32bit pal game working

demo of menu fixed
Tested on hardware

Plainfiles dreambor 6.8 r1 FIX
Attachments
dreambor6.8r1[src].rar
(8.56 MiB) Downloaded 204 times
dreambor[6.8][R][1].rar
(8.67 MiB) Downloaded 230 times

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: DREAM BEATS OF RAGE 6.8r1 fix VMU SAVING

Post#195 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:25 pm

Nulldc dc will not display correct as it does not support HW double buffer dma it will work correct on HW and DEMUL HEADS up

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#197 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:42 am

DreamBOR wrote:Te felicito, esta versión es mucho más ligera en los juegos que he probado, el desplazamiento de los sprites son más suave que la version anterior incluso para 16 PAL colors. Pero sigo teniendo problemas de compatilidad en lo scripts pero consegui como hacerlo funcionar correctamente en esta version. ;)

I congratulate you, this version is much lighter in the games I have tried, the displacement of the sprites are softer than the previous version even for 16 PAL colors. But I still have compatibility problems in the scripts but I got how to work properly in this version. ;)

Thank you :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#198 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:58 am

Dreambor intro movie maker converter

This converts a 512x512 avi to 512x512 roq ready to use with Dreambor fmv intro

Code: Select all

Place a 512x512 avi encoded movie file here then click convert
intro.avi demo file included stereo 22khz only

MP 44khz sound it will crash ROQ is view-able on VLC
Ian micheal

https://mega.nz/file/i3RA2BoQ#Uy4Zvhqom ... YaYfVkPy14

Demo intro and conversion included

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#199 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:17 pm

Did any version ever ? release any memory pc version never did that was the whole point of why i optimized the 3 games so no matter what they loaded it all fit into memory no need to free anything..

Engine only free's when it closes that how it works for that once a known sprite is loaded it never freed any loaded sprite is never freed ether on any version

check memory use on pc version on windows on the exe not what it reports

Done this before SDL also never free's anything it over writes it

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#200 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:36 pm

Must be a way to mod the engine to do so still looking into that really needs to be done.. Openbor engine on pc memory use keeps on growing as it loads each stage not fault or a memory leak as such it's how it was coded.. this is not the case on the OG dreamcast beats of rage engine but it lacks lot of things needed to run later games..

One of the problems is when the engine loads before it even loads one thing we only have 13mb free..

Other problem is SDL it's self it over writes memory and over time this causes frag-mention.. the free command in SDL works after you shut down which is useless on a console..

Because of the 100's of images not all the same size this causes more fragmention on dreamcast over time even when you do free the memory it get to point where you have none

Major problem with any engine on dreamcast be it SDL opengl is frag-mention of memory.. We use malloc port in kos that is quite old and wasteful for a console..

GLDC now uses yalloc from mrneo240 or it would have the same problem.. libgl normal old opengl runs out of memory very fast due to this and is somewhat un-use-able ..

A type of yalloc is needed for openbor that would need a very large amount of work..

Till then optimize a game so every level fits in memory with out any need to free it .. VMU saving helps as you can reboot load the rest but that's very hacky..