3# disk drive support Amiga uae4all 3.6 auto port boot Version 4

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: 3# disk drive support Amiga uae4all 3.6 auto port boot Version 4

Post#81 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:50 pm

Yes i know about the freeze in spots on road rash i talked about that in the first post..

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#82 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:27 am

marchegiano wrote:Sorry it took so long for me to get time to actually play the game!

Can confirm. First I hit f3 like instructed in the quote and got straight to the second disk. Then I played through to make it autoload and it worked beautifully. I'll continue playing for as long as I have time to but I reckon it's fixed atm. Thanks a bunch bud!

I noticed something I am not sure was in the first one or not. I'm getting a quick freeze every now and then like with the road rash amiga cd 16 release. Just random spots and only for a second or two at best. It's not bothersome for me but I figured I'd report it.

thanks for the report, glad it finally works correctly also for the autoboot 8-)
i need to update all the older posts, with what is confirmed working

about the Fire and Ice hiccups, i remember that on non autoboot 2MB version (3.5), they were fixable setting the Throttle to 20 :
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14718#p153346

but i don't know if the autoboot version can be set in that way to check it out, Ian can surely clarify this

just to ask, are in general (so also Road Rash) those hiccups happening just in the first minutes of play, or randomly also later?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#83 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:17 am

More worried about not being able to buy bikes then little freeze now and then i talk about it in my video only happens on hardware does not happen in the same places and some times i can go a whole course and it does not happen..

Fire and ice is also sometimes does this .. on hardware.. but i can live with it..

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#84 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:32 am

Ian Micheal wrote:...but i can live with it..

that's for sure, considering we are playing without many loadings, thanks to the 2MB lol
wondering if could be some RAM access 'on the fly', when running i mean, due the oversize memory cached

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#85 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:37 am

kremiso wrote:

that's for sure, considering we are playing without many loadings, thanks to the 2MB lol
wondering if could be some RAM access 'on the fly', when running i mean, due the oversize memory cached

Not sure but i think it happens on even the normal non ussloader version just glad it's not a freeze and crash

IK+ you did is working for me but it does sometimes crash but very close i have 10 IK+ remixes that would suit it very well..

Only crashes if you die and leave it cycle thru the menu but when your playing it dont so the bug is when the menu code running..

Happy enff to make the framework as i have very good idea's for this one hehe

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#86 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:49 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
kremiso wrote:

Not sure but i think it happens on even the normal non ussloader version just glad it's not a freeze and crash

IK+ you did is working for me but it does sometimes crash but very close i have 10 IK+ remixes that would suit it very well..

i see, so prolly it's just how uae4all eat and run these particular games, afterall

abou ik+, seems the problem is the main menu, some hidden anti-freeze protection
darn, very close :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#87 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:52 am

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
kremiso wrote:

i see, so prolly it's just how uae4all eat and run these particular games, afterall

abou ik+, seems the problem is the main menu, some hidden anti-freeze protection
darn, very close :)

Yes not instant crash when goes to the menu enff time to just play when it gets to the score board

DreamCasting
dark night

Post#88 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:45 pm

I wonder if 'Sword of Sodan' could work this way?

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#89 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:07 pm

DreamCasting wrote:I wonder if 'Sword of Sodan' could work this way?

There is a big chance :)