openMenu Alpha 1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Grim_MeNaCe
rebel

Re: openMenu Alpha 1

Post#441 » Fri May 12, 2023 8:42 am

Thank you for this, appreciate the hard work!

chôkai
shadow

Post#442 » Sat May 13, 2023 2:19 pm

Thanks for publishing the openMenu_dbs.... I had some time today and looked at the stuff, I noticed a few things. Firstly, imagemagick must be installed for the conversion of the pvr files and for openMenu_metadb , the folder meta_db_in must first be created and also be added in the process.sh.

I also had some errors regarding the file names:

Code: Select all

Err: filename too long "demul_2019-12-06_22-43-03.pvr", maxlength = 11!
Err: filename too long "Sega GT - Homologation Special (Japan).pvr", maxlength = 11!
Err: filename too long "Golf Shiyouyo Kouryaku Pack (Japan) (ALT).pvr", maxlength = 11!

But that's how it came from the repository.

It is worth mentioning that GUNLORD, NEOXYX, FAST STRIKER all have the same Product-ID (MK1014 ?). This is why I excluded them... A similar problem exists with various homebrew/unlicensed games (T0000). I guess they all need to be recreated with an IP.BIN containing a unique Product ID. I have only done a CDI-Rebuild of Divi-Dead for testing purpose (DIVIDEADTT).

Anyway, I have extended the metadata for some titles:

show spoiler»

Covers and descriptions have been added, but now there is no complete information about VMU consumption... If you want to test it, you can download it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2l9g0njxzri9abv

Don't have a GitHub account, so sorry for posting here....

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#443 » Mon May 15, 2023 6:44 am

chôkai wrote:It is worth mentioning that GUNLORD, NEOXYX, FAST STRIKER all have the same Product-ID (MK1014 ?). This is why I excluded them... A similar problem exists with various homebrew/unlicensed games (T0000). I guess they all need to be recreated with an IP.BIN containing a unique Product ID. I have only done a CDI-Rebuild of Divi-Dead for testing purpose (DIVIDEADTT).

From what I gathered here (https://github.com/mrneo240/openMenu_metadb) by adding a .TXT alongside the .GDI-files one can create a custom Product_ID;

openMenu_metadb wrote:How to add metadata for a particular disc

Create a txt file in the appropriate folder with the name being the serial number of the disc.
e.g. HB_IAN_DOOM.txt for Ian Michael's doom port
Note: the filename should be the Serial used in the IP.BIN of the disc image.

If no proper serial exists, e.g. BOOTDREAMS then feel free to make up an ID similar to HB_IAN_DOOM
Created ID's will be honored when making your openMenu gdi from GDMENUCardManager if you add serial.txt with the serial to the disc image folder

chôkai
shadow

Post#444 » Mon May 15, 2023 10:40 am

That is correct, however I have not tested this more closely... It refers to GDI and all the homebrew / unlicensed games are MIL-CDs... My mistake, did not read it correctly :D

UPDATE:
I have now made several attempts, but was not able to assign a custom product ID. If I have name.txt and serial.txt in the folder, the name is applied, but not the serial... Tested with CDIs and GDIs.

If someone here was successful, I would be interested how :)

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Post#445 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:31 am

Hi guys, I had my 5.15 GDEMU clone working smooth with openmenu and recently purchased a 5.20 GDEMU clone, at first the 5.20 booted with the same SD card but just a handfull of games worked, now it doesnt even boot, just shows dreamcast menu.
Is openmenu suposed to work on 5.20 clones?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#446 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:53 am

Dr Sabroson wrote:Is openmenu suposed to work on 5.20 clones?

For GDEMU with new software need add "image_tests=0" in your GDEMU.ini

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Post#447 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:31 am

megavolt85 wrote:
Dr Sabroson wrote:Is openmenu suposed to work on 5.20 clones?

For GDEMU with new software need add "image_tests=0" in your GDEMU.ini

Did that, flashed the SD for card manager 1.3.5, flashed Sd for openmenu again, did everithing I found around it.
But turned out the main problem was the SD extender was a bit loose, and just hooked it better in its position .
It is running smooth now, thanks

EDIT: now I realised atomiswave ports are not booting, just black screen or crash into dreamcast bios.
I just posted it here:
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=13622

TheSegaGuy
shadow

Post#448 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:20 pm

Edit: sorry, post 440 has links to brand new assets! Great work.

Apologies if it’s been mentioned, the thread is so vast, but can anyone tell me if there’s been an update to the asset pack for OpenMenu?

I don’t have many games that show the Image Not Found cover art but some Japanese games, such as Capcom vs SNK 2 still show it.

Thanks!

xenphor
shadow

Post#449 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:01 pm

I just setup a clone GDEMU 5.20.5 with Openmenu for the first time. I noticed that both Next Tetris Online Edition and Blitz 2000 give unsupported AV cable when booting with my SCART adapter in VGA mode. Are these games able to be forced to run in VGA mode? I read earlier in the thread that Openmenu is supposed to automatically force VGA because I don't see an option to do it in the menu.

edit: NBA Showtime and Nightmare Creatures also don't work in VGA

edit2: With the Test version of GDMENUcardmananger I installed GDMenu instead and that forces VGA correctly.

Blehstor
shadow

Post#450 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:46 am

Hello. Installed the latest Openmenu with CardManager 1.3.5 and the latest DAT files.
VGA forced mode does not work and there is no option to activate it
There is no option to disable the boot intro like in GDemu

I dont want to sound like a dick but.. this features are available in the 5 year old GDemu but not on OpenMenu

Why?