Metal Slug 6

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Wesker
dark night

Re: Metal Slug 6

Post by Wesker »

javierv14 wrote:Had anyone playing this port had problems with freeze on the part where the centipede boss appears?
i ask cause the game just freeze on me while fighting this boss, i am using Redream.
In my case the game froze just after beating the centipede on Demul. That's the only time I ever had a lockup while playing the game, also considering I have not yet tested it on console due to the CDI issues.

titchgamer
rebel

Post by titchgamer »

Just signed up to say massive Thanks to Megavolt for getting these games to run on DC and the rest of you guys for getting them on GDEMU etc.

Awesome stuff!! :D

javierv14
fire

Post by javierv14 »

Manage to finish Metal Slug 6 with the new build of Redream release this morning.
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-11-09 141125.jpg

King of Dirt
shadow

Post by King of Dirt »

megavolt85 wrote:
RazorX wrote:@megavolt85 would you be able to put a gdi together using this pvr please, i tried myself but it doesn't want to repack.
1) download dd.exe and unpack to folder with game
2) put your 0GDTEX.PVR to folder with game
3) rename track03.iso to backup.iso
4) open command line in folder with game and execute this commands

Code: Select all

dd if=backup.iso of=track03.iso bs=2048 count=21

dd if=0GDTEX.PVR of=track03.iso bs=2048 seek=21

dd if=backup.iso of=track03.iso bs=1 seek=174112 skip=174112
Sorry to revisit this so many pages later, but I'm having trouble with the final step.

Once I run the command the message 'skip to 174112' is displayed and then the process apparently hangs. I've let it sit for a few moments, but nothing changes and nothing further is written to the track03.iso file. Any ideas why it's not working?

I've got some custom covers I've been editing for my GDEMU, and I really can't wait to get them in the images and on my Dreamcast. Thanks in advance!

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

King of Dirt wrote: Once I run the command the message 'skip to 174112' is displayed and then the process apparently hangs. I've let it sit for a few moments, but nothing changes and nothing further is written to the track03.iso file. Any ideas why it's not working?
in fact, it does not freeze, just copying is very long
for faster use these commands

Code: Select all

dd if=backup.iso of=track03.iso bs=2048 count=21
dd if=0GDTEX.PVR of=track03.iso bs=2048 seek=21
dd if=backup.iso of=track03.iso bs=1 seek=174112 skip=174112 count=2016
dd if=backup.iso of=track03.iso bs=2048 seek=86 skip=86
P.S. size 0GDTEX.PVR should be 131104 bytes

RevQuixo
shadow

Post by RevQuixo »

For people using MODE and getting hangs try this. Create a text file and in it type:

BlockDelay=00
Flags=7

Then save the file as mode.cfg and put it in the same folder as Metal Slug 6. I've played through 3 games now of Metal Slug with no hangs. The config file overrides the MODE settings and locks everything to max.

RazorX
brutal

Post by RazorX »

Here is the final version of my custom PVR file for this game, Check the other Atomiswave ports for my other custom PVR's.
Attachments
0GDTEX.zip
(62.87 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
0GDTEX.png
0GDTEX.png (283.14 KiB) Viewed 5872 times

arromdee
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None, I never got Phantasy Star

Post by arromdee »

mdd45 wrote:Following megavolt85 and RetrOrigin posts and tutorials i have uploaded 2 gdi images working with my gdemu.

They are based on latest 03.11.2020 update release by megavolt85. It comes with:

1) enabled red blood
2) disabled autofire by default (you can re-enable it in debug menu if you want)
3) Pause and Debug Menu with Start

and 4) Two button mappings:

a) mapping 1, Shoot-A, Jump-B, Grenade-X, Change-Y
I trued this on a MODE and it just resets once the game starts. Does this work on a MODE? (Has anyone gotten any version of this to work with one?)

The MODE runs Samurai Spirits and King of Fighters XI fine.

DeeCeeSpeed
shadow

Post by DeeCeeSpeed »

Any other users of mnemo's USB-GDROM ODE device out there?

I never can get GDIs with ISOs instead of BINs to run on my USB-GDROM. It's not just this release, any GDI that doesn't use BIN files simply won't finish loading for me.

Just boots and then locks at the Dreamcast logo.

Is it me, the ODE firmware, or something else? Is it non-trivial to convert the ISOs to BIN for USB-GDROM, or is that the way I should be going? What tool would be best for that?

Thx for any advice!

titchgamer
rebel

Post by titchgamer »

Megavolt,
Just out of interest do you think it would be possible to convert the gun games like Sport shooting USA to work with the DC gun?

I love that game [emoji16]