What Are The Best Homebrew Games on Dreamcast?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

PATRiCKCiA:MetalHead
rebel

What Are The Best Homebrew Games on Dreamcast?

Post#1 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:59 pm

As I am learning more & more about Dreamcast, like how to do DreamPi method to get online, how to unlock DLC on some certain games, one thing that I have learned of is the Homebrewing community behind the Dreamcast, but I have no idea what kind of good Homebrew titles are out there, so I want to ask, what are the best ones worth playing?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: What Are The Best Homebrew Games on Dreamcast?

Post#2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:37 pm

Quake 1 port be pretty awesome for what it is , Epitech which was done for some school way back and it's four 3D minigames

Some compilations from Dreamcast.es site I know are like hundreds of them combined , drawing a blank can't remember that badass looking homebrew lol

Cave Story and Sqryx ? Are nutty 2D platformers

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:29 pm

For free homebrew titles I would recommend Beats of Rage. It's an excellent streets of rage type brawler.

For purchasable indie games, I highly recommend strumwind.

There are many emulators too. NesterDC is an excellent NES emulator.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#4 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:32 am

Yeah there are many independent games that were made for the Dreamcast that are technically home brew by some peoples standards. I would second the emulators that are for 8bit such as NesterDC and the Sega Master system Emu plus the Gamegear and gameboy emus are good. for 16 bit it gets a bit harder, but the Sega Genesis emulator if ok and DreamSNES works ok for some games, but others are to slow to be enjoyable. if you get those emulators you will easily have a few thousand games to play.

SirNyan
dark night

Post#5 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:38 am

If your interested in checking out some independent Dreamcast games (which evolved out of the homebrew scene), then you should check out The Bit Station. We have the largest selection of any single site in the world and about 80% of the currently avalible titles. You can find us at: www.thebitstationgames.com.
Looking for awesome Independent Dreamcast games? Visit The Bit Station at www.thebitstationgames.com!