Hydra Castle Labyrinth Homebrew port [WIP]

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DCeric
undertow

Re: Hydra Castle Labyrinth Homebrew port [WIP]

Post#71 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:14 pm

I'm always open for testing I also have a capture card and can do videos on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/dceric

DCeric
undertow

Post#72 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:54 pm

I am playing this on the SD Card from serial port. So I believe the issue is do to music. I don't know how to disable this from Dreamshell and turning down the music in game just turns down the volume. It does not completely disable music playback. None the less great game if somebody could tell me how to fix the music with Dreamshell that would be great. I did try burning but my hardware doesn't like slow speeds with IMGBurn. Also looks like I didn't encode with proper frame rate :/ sorry about that but none the less watchable lol.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#73 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:15 pm

i'm more don't support SD
this port work with CD, ODE or HDD

DCeric
undertow

Post#74 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:49 pm

I gather the serial port is just too slow :'( oh well none the less it looks nice. I'll work on a CD version video soon as I can burn a decent copy.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#75 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:55 am

Yes with sd mod the sound freeze the game one second around.
It's because @megavolt85 improve the sound with DMA, and the result is awesome.
But with that the sd card bus becomes too slow.

Hope you'll able to enjoy, the megavolt85 job deserves it :-)

DCeric
undertow

Post#76 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:19 pm

I'll get the CD-R version and get a dummy file and that should help me out. I'll then do another video.

DCeric
undertow

Post#77 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:29 pm

Quoted from Youtube cause I'm lazy:

Another video here of Hydra Castle Labyrinth but of the CD-R version. I am still having some minor stutters but again its playable and probably even possible to beat the game. The stutter could be do to bad burn, my Dreamcast or memory optimization.

Also stated in the video I would have a VMU screenshot and sorry that doesn't seem to be in the video :(. For more information on the game check out the video and give the game a try cause its pretty awesome.

Please let me know if there is any issues with volume. I have a different audio setup and not quite sure if it'll be good enough for everyone else.

k-do
Doom

Post#78 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:36 pm

I play this game the gdi version on my Dreamcast with dreamshell running from hdd and there is no
aparentely sound issues.

DCeric
undertow

Post#79 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:10 pm

I ain't having sound issues its fine its just the stutter in game play while using CD-R or the SD Adapter via Serial Port.

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#80 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:15 am

Maybe these are dumb questions per se but anyway here i come.

Can the hud aside moving up and down be disabled for a clean screen action or using the vmu as the hud itself?

Is possible to modify this Game ( or it's engine) to make a faster placed megaman / metroid / Castlevania esque Game?

How is managed the data between screens ?

Is easily expandable trought the source code ( more background layers, more screen objects, scroll, parallax) ?

Use sdl or is pure kos?

I know about openbor and the posibilities but i love the things you did to this game port like rumble support or vmu screen use for visual Game data and i think the engine you created can be used as a starting development point for more.