SD iso links?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Errorz0ne
shadow

SD iso links?

Post#1 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Sorry to sound like a fuckin lame, but after theisozone got shut down i have been struggling to find a site or a link to download Dreamcast SDiso files.

can someone point me in the right direction to a site or a megaupload/google drive link i would be so grateful!

thank you!

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Re: SD iso links?

Post#2 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:47 pm

You and me both, man. I started a thread about this but no one has been able to source any yet. I guess people aren't as interested in SD isos these days and tend to use GDIs but I still use the SD serial adapter and GDIs take up too much room on my 32gb sd card.

https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11272
aka DavidHK on DC games.

Errorz0ne
shadow

Post#3 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:33 pm

how did you get GDIs to perform on your sd adapter???
they never appear when i open dreamshell under the GDI section :-(

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#4 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:43 pm

DreamShell only uses SDISO. You need a GD-ROM drive replacement such as GDEMU or USB-GDROM to use raw GDI dumps.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Errorz0ne
shadow

Post#5 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:09 pm

I literally just want a link for an SDISO of jetgrind radio someone help please

Errorz0ne
shadow

Post#6 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:45 pm

BUMP

Slaminger
lithium

Post#7 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:02 pm

dave_van_damn wrote:You and me both, man. I started a thread about this but no one has been able to source any yet. I guess people aren't as interested in SD isos these days and tend to use GDIs but I still use the SD serial adapter and GDIs take up too much room on my 32gb sd card.

https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11272

I just found a file, i dont know if i can link it, but there is an archive of a 45gb sd card for dreamshell. hint hint.

shenhulahula
undertow

Post#8 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:27 pm

Are there any advantages at all to use the SDiso format instead of Dubcity's GDI collection?

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#9 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:20 pm

shenhulahula wrote:Are there any advantages at all to use the SDiso format instead of Dubcity's GDI collection?

No. This is for the sd card adapter that connects to the serial port. This was really cool back before the DC had Disc Drive Emulator solutions, (gdemu and clones, usbgdrom, mode, etc.) but is almost useless now, as the serial port has a very low data throughput. The only reason I boot up my sd card adapter now is to backup vmu saves and mess around in dreamshell sometimes, both of which can be done in more efficient ways than via the serial port adapter.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL