It's been almost 3 months since my last post but it feels like forever...
I've been "working" from home these past couple weeks and let's just say that Summoning Signals evolved quite a bit.... I've also drafted most of the game narrative and area, meaning that I have a better idea of the scale of the game. And that feels nice.
* There will be 15 (more or less) area for you to explore.
* The game's main quest should take around 1 hours to complete but there will be many short side-quest.
* Currently, the 2 first quests are working pretty well, still need tweaking and better writing.
* I've been drafting a VMU based game mechanic that will add more "dreamcast" flavor to the game
* The game as a pretty unique Radio system where you can receive transmission from people on the planet. What you hear on the radio might (or might not ...) help you for future quest, unlock thing, etc.
So, I know 1 hour feels short but hear me out: I'd rather release a polished, interesting Dreamcast game in 2020 than drag a project forever. The hard thruth is that I'm mainly working on this alone (exepct for the music) and usually as a side project. Right now I have the opportunity to spend way more time on Summoning Signal and I'd like to use this to the fullest to complete this project than move on... maybe to another DC project
Here's a draft of the latest area I've been working on (the arcades) https://streamable.com/vv5ow6
Oh, and also;
I'm currently looking for people who would like to write 1 (or more) radio transmission for the game. These need to be short (3-7 lines of text) Think of them like short poems. Also, they can be "chained", meaning that you could receive the first part at some point in the game, then receive another one later in the game. If you're interested, please send me a direct message and I'll tell you more