Arcade Racing Legend: new 3D racer from JoshProd

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Arcade Racing Legend: new 3D racer from JoshProd

Post#11 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:44 pm

megavolt85 wrote:i'm look 4x4 Jam with new models and name
is shit my freinds

modder how Anthony817 can make better game on already exist game engine

Hehe, well to be fair, the only mods I have released are Battlefield 2 total conversion historical mods. But I thought about modding 4X4 Evolution and Half-Life on Dreamcast for sure.

But with this new Arcade Racer game, I am just way too cautious with this one. Not going to get my hopes up if it doesn't get released. Ferrari is notoriously expensive to get a license to use their vehicles in games.

I asked them how they were able to get the Ferrari license here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHXUyyX1TW8

I also asked if they could possibly release tools for the game for us to port our own tracks and vehicles to the game.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:24 pm

Hey guys, JoshProd responded to me! Looks like it is going to be more or less how TXR games are with real life inspired cars, but the logos get replaced! So this sounds much more feasible! He also said he might add mod tools to the4 stretch goals on the Kickstarter! My hope for this game has been fully restored!

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#13 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:37 pm

A rally game is kinda the worst game to go for in that case, as the cars and road barriers are always full with sponsor logos, more than almost any other game.

They're gonna have to make a LOT of knock-off logos.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#14 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:52 pm

Eh, well the original game didn't have all the sponsors, so maybe he just got ahead of himself with posting the sponsors over everything. Well for instance, English based Germanic words/names could be super easy to spoof. like say they have a Good Year tire logo, all they have to do is change the name to German and make it look different so like it could say Gut Jahr ect. The Latin sounding sponsor names could be changed to like French or Spanish or Italian similar names for instance. Pretty simple. For stuff like Momo, use Nono or something creative. ;P

It really isn't that hard to make parody sponsors, and luckily for them it is only a flat texture they need to change.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#15 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:53 am

Looks like they posted another WIP video yesterday:

Gonna be brutally honest: looks pretty bland at the moment, even for a WIP.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#16 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:08 am

I like hat they're making an original game finally, but it's a wait and see and I'm definitely not backing anymore Kickstarters.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#17 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Well to be honest, it is based on a mobile game but highly modified to be Sega themed with iconic Sega inspired cars. So not exactly 100% new from scratch, but different enough from the game they used as a base.

I spoke to JoshProd last night talking about what could be done for mod tools for the game so we could like, import cars and tracks from other late 90's and early 2000's racers. He mentioned if the community can get any tracks made before release he could see about adding them. I personally wanted Need for Speed High Stakes/Road Challenge tracks to be able to be added via modding after the game is out. But he said that it is a possibility maybe for a kickstarter goal to release mod tools. They are making the tracks in 3dsmax he mentioned.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#18 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:46 am

Ah I didn't know it was based on a mobile game. Like with '4x4 Jam,' my expectations have been lowered. That's cool that they'll consider putting tracks in from the community before release. Saves them designing more tracks too.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#19 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:13 am

What's the name of the mobile game it's based on btw?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#20 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:39 am

Honestly I forgot, but it is posted on the first page in the screenshots with the fake car.

However this version of the game will be modded quite a lot differently so it will appear on no other system.