DREAM BEATS OF RAGE 7.2 With VMU ICON RUMBLEPACK AND VMU SAVING

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Poll: What improvement, do you want, to see the most ?

Ported Video FMV cutscenes
38%
Scale Rending
17%
Change's from new src ported down
45%
Total votes: 53

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: DREAM BEATS OF RAGE 6.8 VMU SAVING

Post#171 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:53 am

Last edited by Ian Micheal on Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#172 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:37 am

VMU saving i show how that works and 60fps on dreamcast hardware with optimized games which you can make your self for dreamcast

Please think about supporting me update and port games and emulators to dreamcast https://www.patreon.com/ImrTechnology

dev history and versions
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11829

Src code
https://github.com/ianmicheal/Dream-bea ... -DREAMBOR-

Plainfiles release please unpack any bor.pak to the data folder game will need to be optimized for 8bit pal you will need to add
cansave 1 in the levels.txt or it will not save

src and build are now out

Tested on dreamcast hardware and a cdr .. I do not test for dreamshell HDD or GDEMU If it works on cdr then it work on all of them with the mods you have to do to each.. GDEMU should be no mods..

The sample.roq has my new dreambor intro you can replace this with 512x512 roq with sound for the intro to any game you make.. Bit of polish..

I have played thru the 3 games i have optimized and release and it complete all of those as 6.7 did just now with saving which brings a lot to games.

Saving will start you on the level you ended the game and quit in the menu to auto save this just like when you click the window off in the windows version .. So pure

If you dont follow what i tell you or think any pc bor.pak just run proper please reread what i have said many times. 320x240 is max res 8 bit pal is 60fps .. it does support 16 and 32bit pal but there are slow it also support 640x480 but that is slow..

Many great games can be made using it from scratch to suit the dreamcast.. What's next jump pack support and try to optimize GIF movie format more..

Tools
Included paxplode tool to unpack to the data folder just drop drag you bor.pak on the paxplode.bat to unpack a bor games file it will do the rest make a data folder to use with this

wav2bor convert your wav files to bor format uses custom sound driver for dreamcast fast .. convert any oggs first to wav then use this to convert to bor same as above place a sample.wav in the same folder click convert.bat it will output a name.bor to use as the sound track.
Rename to what ever your replacing.

Dont use ogg files in the dreamcast version they use libogg which uses heaps of cpu time.

Thank you Ian micheal
Attachments
Wav2BoR.rar
(28.25 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
paxplode.rar
(10.97 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Dreambor[6.8][plainfiles].rar
(7.54 MiB) Downloaded 194 times

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#175 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:52 pm

You can change the sample.roq to any file you like your own etc.. not built in or hardcoded you can make it say anything you want encode a roq file to 30fps 512x512 replace the sample.roq :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#176 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:25 am

It's pvr render I guess they could be a chance of doing that in some form i have to port the sdl render version over to it Src is not changed from the last on scripting But no video txt it will force 8bit

Github now included custom version of SDL needed to compile it only need dreamsdk installed and the src and set that up feel free to make any changes need to fix scripting or add commands

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#177 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:36 am

I said dont use ogg format :) also why is the load game disabled in your mod and the apply settings 6.8 has this enabled ?

Not sure whats going on there pressing up on the dpad does not freeze in game selection on the 3 games i did something is going wrong with dis=able keys functions i dont use them so that could be why

Ogg is useless on dreamcast takes 25% cpu time does not use the custom driver i have said in the post do not use ogg conver all to bor which is almost no cpu time it's direct..

I have not disabled ogg support at all and it's working for me i just dont use it

Anything that works on 6.7 should work here those parts the src is not changed

Your missing menu.bin in the data folder If you do not included this when you quit it will not reboot and save correct on hardware

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#178 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:57 am

DreamBOR wrote:ESPAÑOL

Corrijo mi anterior comentario, no son los comandos de imagenes animadas(GIF), sino el audio, es decir que las musica (.OGG) que acompaña el gif hace que si congele. Al parecer esta version no tiene soporte al formato Vorbis. :geek:

Esta version me dio un agradable sorpresa, ahora puede cargar todas las sub-armas de los peleadores por niveles y no como parte de los peleadores selecionables, eso quiere decir que se ahora mas ram para sega dreamcast. :mrgreen:

ENGLISH

I correct my previous comment, are not animated image commands (GIF), but the audio, that is, the music (.OGG) that accompanies the GIF makes it freezing. Apparently this version has no support for the Vorbis format. :geek:

This version gave me a pleasant surprise, now you can upload all the sub-weapons of the fighters by levels and not as part of the selectable combatants, that means less memory for RAM for Sega Dreamcast. :mrgreen:

Shsss this was secret i did not know if it would work correct lol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#179 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:33 am

Fault lies some where in your mod . i have press up past start = reboot or save it's freezing because you dont have the menu.bin in the data folder

Pressing up past start also frees memory for the user to play more levels
If a noob or someone does not have this fail safe saving will never work..

menu.bin must be in the data folder

placed menu.bin in the data folder removed tmb.pak

after this functions proper and correct

If you disable loading game it will crash also i dont use any pak file that's not supported for saving

Watch video
Attachments
menu.rar
(628.52 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:24 am, edited 5 times in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#180 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:56 am

Fixed remove tnb.pak place menu.bin in the data folder

working version

Fixed
https://mega.nz/file/qmolgSAL#pfpPYxLWt ... MXE_ZqY5kw

forcemode 0 you dont need to use this default is 320x240 8 bit