DREAM BEATS OF RAGE 7.2 With VMU ICON RUMBLEPACK AND VMU SAVING

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Poll: What improvement, do you want, to see the most ?

Ported Video FMV cutscenes
38%
Scale Rending
17%
Change's from new src ported down
45%
Total votes: 53

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: New Updated Openbor engine Game's posted

Post#41 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:16 pm

megavolt85 wrote:Ian Micheal i'm look you use DMA_READ

Code: Select all

#define GDROM_READBUFFER_P2 ((char*)((((int)gdrom_readbuffer)|0xA000001F)+1))

it is fair for PIO, for DMA replace to

Code: Select all

#define GDROM_READBUFFER_P2 ((char*)(((((int)gdrom_readbuffer)|0x1F)+1)&0x0FFFFFFF))

I added this to :) seem's really improve thing's :) main front page topic update tested working now on dreamshell SD card loader
-- SD Dreamshell loading ( megavolt85 SRC PATCH ) Testing By my freind ( DiGiPunX )

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#42 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:50 pm

I hope to see a port of Guardian Heroes Warpath. That was hands down a great game!

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#43 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:07 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Hi , new beta 3
640x480 forced full screen
320x240x16bit = 640x480 on some mod's

=================================================================================================
HI res Black Border 480x240 widescreen

480x240 All Modes with Black Bars menu's and title will be small

Hi Ian, Is there a way to force an Anamorphic widescreen mode hack? squashing the horizontal aspect ratio keeping the vertical, so in the same 320x240 or 640x480 video output can be viewed more and when stretching in a wide screen monitor view the real image, the only issue is lose some little definition in order to achieve more visuals without sacrifice cpu power (as the widescreen hacks made at Emutalk or Segaretro)

Or a letterboxed 640x360 aspect ratio with 60 pixels bars above and buttom the image (480-360=120/2).
Last edited by Dakangel on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ripfire
stalker

Post#45 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:00 pm

Last edited by Ripfire on Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#46 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:08 pm

Ripfire wrote:Bad English :evil:

Hi:

I have tested beta versions 2, 3 and 4 and all are blocked when loading DreamShell data, the games that I have tested are TMNT;HS Remixed (v1.00, v1.23, v2.45, v3.01), Fighting Street Remixed (v1.01 & 1.50), Riot Zombie Remixed (v0.79), Metal Slug Remixed (v0.97), Ghosts & Demons Remixed (v2.47).

I think it's because the 8-bit template using pal.act is not supported with this hybrid version, and I'm taking a look at the code locating find the fault... :geek:

Español ;)

Saludos:

He probado las versiones beta 2, 3 & 4 y todos se dañan cargando los datos desde el DreamShell, los juegos que he probados son TMNT;HS Remixed (v1.00, v1.23, v2.45, v3.01), Fighting Street Remixed (v1.01 & 1.50), Riot Zombie Remixed (v0.79), Metal Slug Remixed (v0.97), Ghosts & Demons Remixed (v2.47).

Creo que se debe a que plantilla de 8 bits usando pal.act no es soportada con esta versión hibrida, y estoy dando un vistaso al codigo localizando encontrar la falla... :geek:

UPDATE
SD Dreamshell loading ( megavolt85 SRC PATCH ) Testing By my freind ( DiGiPunX )
SD ISO dreamshell Version Thank you megavolt85 for all the src change's
https://mega.nz/#!XnQmGSqZ!ufQsDkLLkHHH ... sDgY7CkzHU
Work's on dreamshell.. CDI has to be data/data also have to unscramble the bin file.. I had a friend with it test it..

Beta 4 link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tUXNM ... c9Zsl5wu9T must unscramble to work on dreamshell sd

Scrambled bin Plainfiles compiled bin with Src code patch's from megavolt85
You need to unscramble them for dreamshell.. Also make, the CDI ISO data/data.Not audio/data that will not work.

This is the .rar of the software to make the .iso files to boot on the DC-SD DreamShell adapter
https://mega.nz/#!XnQmGSqZ!ufQsDkLLkHHH ... sDgY7CkzHU

make cdi, not scambled bin files rename openbor.bin to 1ST_READ.bin must have bor.pak on root /data/video.txt
once cdi is made Use cdi 2 iso.. if you can mount the iso, in virtual disk.. it will work. on dreamshell.

I did this for you link below

Here is plain file ready to add bor pak . Remember when using bootdream's making the CDI not to scramble them..
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RiDji ... cAHYlPA6Lt

then use tool CDI2iso.. The you have a working version on dreamshell SD card reader..

I can make working version of those game.

Ripfire
stalker

Post#47 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:13 am

Last edited by Ripfire on Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#48 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:30 pm

Here is the change in the new beta5 no released yet.. memory use in your game..

BETA5 memory use
Beta5mem.png

Official version 4111 memory use And it does not work on NULLDC AT ALL

officialversion.png

As you can see i have optmized the engine memory use a lot in the next version. More then 1.5 meg of memory less used ..

I have some code clean up then i will release..

Ripfire
stalker

Post#49 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:06 pm

Last edited by Ripfire on Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#50 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:31 pm

I have updated my whole tool chain, we will see if it helps. It's hard to tell the game run's fine on Nulldc emulator with out crashing .. Why would it only be on dreamshell ?