Sports Jam issue on USB-GDROM and GDEMU

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

boquetipo
shadow

Sports Jam issue on USB-GDROM and GDEMU

Post#1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:37 am

Hi there,

This is my first post. I really love the DC and arcade games, so from time to time I playe Crazy Taxi, Cosmic Smash, Confidential Mission, etc.

Yesterday, a friend of mine found an issue on Sports Jam. He has USB-GDROM and I have GDEMU, so we did a bit of research about this. We had to download several images to make sure what was going on, because pressing buttons are not recognized, but VMU save game is loaded /created without problems:

GDEMU:

GDI - Sports Jam v1.001 (2001)(Agetec)(NTSC)(US)[!] - OK
    GDI - Sports Jam (USA) from Emuparadise - OK
    GDI - Sports Jam (Japan) from Emuparadise - OK
    CDI - Sports Jam (USA)[ECHELON] - Pressing buttons are not recognized, but VMU save game is loaded / created.

USB-GDROM:

No matter the version, pressing buttons are not recognized, but VMU save game is loaded / created.

Original GD-ROM player:

CDI - Sports Jam (USA)[ECHELON] burned on CD - OK

Is happening this to other USB-GDROM / GDEMU users? Thanks.

DC9_9_99
noob

Re: Sports Jam issue on USB-GDROM and GDEMU

Post#2 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:32 pm

I don't know anything about his but I am curious and I hate when someone has a problem and gets no responses.

I have USB-GDROM but I am procrastinating on things I need to be doing right now so I can't test this for you ATM. I'll book mark this thread and hopefully try later this evening.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Re: Sports Jam issue on USB-GDROM and GDEMU

Post#3 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:44 am

I have a clone GDEMU, I'll test it out later, but I do remember that when I burned the USA CDI image and tested it on my PAL Dreamcast, I had the same issue that the game worked, but no controls were registered. I tried the very same CD on a NTSC-U Dreamcast and everything worked fine, controls were registered etc.

So just a question, what region is is your and your friends' Dreamcast? Maybe it's the same region difference that's causing the problem.