RADquake 4.7 Preview DEV release With Unique Modgame loading 21 mods

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

RADquake 4.7 Preview DEV release With Unique Modgame loading 21 mods

Post#1 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Hi,

I have been planning this for a long time i was talking about it in my first release, this loads mods from a menu but!!! you can quit right back to the modmenu and load another and another. No need to leave your chair, from the quake main menu of any game go to quit then press Y
and it takes you to load the next game From the modmenu..No reboot no reset needed this is Unique Feature not on any Dreamcast homebrew port no other port has this of yet. Speed sound is on par with specs of when the game came out it did not have GL rendering on first release

The modmenu is addapted from nxdoom and nxquake and has been in the src of radquake since version 4.0 but disabled Thanks and credit to black aura for the orginal code at the time i had permisson to use it.
Cover by me it sucks but im not an artist
radquake.png

Features
-- Insane fast software rending can reach 40fps Quote from a freind :)
-- Unique non tank control system
-- Highest Stereo sample rate 44kz Improved clean audio almost perfect
-- Modmenu loading And return from the quake game
--Quit from the Quake menu reloads the modmenu NO reboot or reset
- Custom Blind to allow QuadQUAKE TC DPAD LEFT to select 1 No keyboard needed
-- Normal Step Height
--CDDA disabled no use with 21 mods

-- Todo
-- Pvr modmenu with mulit layer scrolling and screenshot loading
--Benchmark code is messed up
-- some games like xmen and bloodmage you need to press (Esc) on a real dc keyboard to start the game You cant bind (Esc) key
--------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO USE MODMENU
DPAD UP OR DOWN PRESS (A) to select
When you get to the bottom 15 press down again then up it will now show 18 games notice keep pressing down after that there is 2 blank spaces thats 2 more games it's my silly easter egg.

Once the game is selected it takes you to 50/60 selector , Im from australia we only had pal. chose with (A) then press (START)
----------------------------------------------------------------
This CDI has All Official Quake add on paks and the best Fanbased Total conversions Very rare mods like Battle mech a top down game like the first gta game its a great use of the quake1 engine it's amazing :)

Battle mech screen shot
battle.png

There is 21 mods on this cdi i have left the last 2 blank for you to find out easter egg :)
modline1.png

modline2.png

Source code update compiles with kos1.1.9
RADQUAKEMOD.zip
(594.15 KiB) Downloaded 393 times

Link to cdi packed with winrar
https://mega.nz/#!72Z10aLD!A5NdTDALVbH0 ... 2pKZcX33e0

Loading when finshed a level is just right trigger thats (ATTACK)

Ps Anthony817 you can rip the iso and use all the mods with Nuquake :)

When you start a mod (game) and it still looks just like quake just start a new game it will change into the right game :)
example 007 tommorow never dies

Try Borg TC to hear the sound improvement and watch the intro on that game Cool game btw No pops or static

Im pushing this to the 100% limt in memory use

Code: Select all

max system bytes =   12798376
system bytes     =   12798376
in use bytes     =   12545552
]

No you cant have a 16meg heap

I would say this is the largest quake 1 mod collection on one cdr..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: RADquake 4.7 Preview DEV release With Unique Modgame loading 21 mods

Post#2 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:36 pm

This is an exciting release! In fact just the other day when speaking with mrneo240 I asked him about what if there was a way to quit to menu. Great to see you added the same feature!

Some interesting TC mods in there I hadn't played ever before. I was in the mood to mess around with quake mods this weekend so grabbing and installing to my SD card now! Thanks!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:43 pm

Anthony817 wrote:This is an exciting release! In fact just the other day when speaking with mrneo240 I asked him about what if there was a way to quit to menu. Great to see you added the same feature!

Some interesting TC mods in there I hadn't played ever before. I was in the mood to mess around with quake mods this weekend so grabbing and installing to my SD card now! Thanks!

It's just possible i spent all day working it out I dont know if what im doing would ever work on kos2.0 as im freeing all of quake flushing memory then reloading a 2nd bin it's instant it works.. But it fought me most of the day lol started on this at 5 am finshed 7 pm haha..

Since this is pushing the dreamcasts memory to the limt i used nulldc the dreamcast might say no thanks. it all works as stated on nulldc thats all i can say..

Some of the mods come from my own collection and you cant even find anymore :) hope every one enjoys every mod on here i have playtested to work till atlest the first level now my eyes hurt lol

Thing is i left off at lest 15 more.. there's no way they would fit.. not sure if this would really burn to a cdr you have to overburn it 677mb

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#4 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:35 am

How fantastic you are

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:53 pm

fafadou wrote:How fantastic you are

:oops: Just trying to give back to the community

Im making a 2nd disk with 21 more :)