Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ripfire
stalker

Post#1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:21 am

Last edited by Ripfire on Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:09 am, edited 5 times in total.

ChristinaDreamcustDC
letterbomb

Re: Fighting Street: Hack Boss (Bootleg)

Post#2 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:57 am

Cool. This is a cool idea for a hack. It's on the cloud too, for anyone wondering, along with the other Fighting Street. Now this is a cover that I didn't have printed. I'll be sure to get to the eventually...

As always, Ripfire, I enjoy your Dreamcast game releases. I like how you rerelease older games with different characters or other features.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:52 pm

With the 16 bit rendering i added whole new world of games for dreamcast have to get my finger out fix the file loading on a cdr but it does work fine from GDEMU and Dreamshell

ChristinaDreamcustDC
letterbomb

Post#4 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:43 am

Ian Micheal wrote:With the 16 bit rendering i added whole new world of games for dreamcast have to get my finger out fix the file loading on a cdr but it does work fine from GDEMU and Dreamshell

Concerning your progress, Ian Michael, on OpenBOR, I've noticed on nullDC that it takes quite a bit of time caching before doing loading. Could either of those be sped up?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:26 am

Well if it was as fast loading on nulldc i be very happy.. One of the things i did was allowing this engine to work on nulldc at all.. The offical version does not work on nulldc at all.. Finding a balance of allow large mods to work and fast file loading is the problem if i make it fast file loading it would hardly load anything much .. Anyways it uses my kos 2.0 tool chain i have to set it back up again.. all my other projects use my 2003 tool chain.. See what i can do next week

ChristinaDreamcustDC
letterbomb

Post#6 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:01 pm

For my own worth, I'm content using CD-Rs with the speed as it is. I would, myself, prefer compatibility over speed, so I put my suggestion toward only implementing speed-ups as long as it doesn't lower compatibility or RAM usage. I tested First Fight Ripfire put out, and with the RAM saving diabled it loaded on my emulator nullDC quick and like a charm. I don't know anything about that, but maybe that's the path to go on?

I also liked your FMV loader with CDDA audio. Your Saint Seiya game loads your Youtube video quick and like a charm. The internal game had a video without the FMV loader and it jittered, so you've progressed far enough that videos can be removed and run on the DC at full speed. I think you said on an old topic you could put around 30 min of video on a disc? I might try that with ElfenLied BOR some day.

I'll have to burn this one Fighting Street: Hack Boss, Ripfire, once I return to my home.

Ripfire
stalker

Post#7 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:58 pm

Ripfire
stalker

Post#8 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:47 pm

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”