Retro Fighters Dreamcast Controller now available for preorder

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Xiden
Developer

Retro Fighters Dreamcast Controller now available for preorder

Post#1 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:23 pm

A newly designed dreamcast controller from retro fighters is now available for preorder. I have one of their n64 controllers and they are very well made.

Madpixel has a promo code available "pixel10" for 10% off

https://castlemaniagames.com/collection ... controller

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Re: Retro Fighters Dreamcast Controller now available for preorder

Post#2 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:07 am

I will get one soon enough. It looks beautiful.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#3 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:58 am

I'm intrigued by this, but I think I'll wait for some reviews.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:58 pm

I am going to hold out for the dual analog Retro-Bit wireless controller with Saturn Style D-pad and 6 face buttons.

https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/r ... -look.477/

This is the mock-up for the wired normal version.

And this is what their Genesis/Mega Drive and Saturn modern controllers look like.

They are just taking their sweet ass time with these getting them all right before they go to market. Also, all 3 wireless controller versions will work on all 3 Sega consoles with their official wireless dongles. So you can buy a DC dongle, and sync any of the controllers they make for the other Sega systems to them and vice versa.

Furthermore, we should be able to get hacked versions of games that will support the extra inputs, so FPS games will be great with controllers finally with a more modern layout.

Starlord
noob

Post#5 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:03 pm

Or get brooks adapter and use ps3 or ps3 controller wirelessly

BloodBrother
core

Post#6 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:16 pm

This looks so freaking good!
Can't wait for those retro bit controllers either, Anthony.
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#7 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:56 am

Starlord wrote:Or get brooks adapter and use ps3 or ps3 controller wirelessly

The Dualshock 1/2/3 are some of the most uncomfortable controllers I've ever held, and actually kept me from getting any of the systems. Even with the improvements to the DS4 I don't think it's that comfortable.

I'm curious on the Retrobit controllers too, but I'm waiting for reviews on products that are out from now on. I'm tired of having my money tied up in pre-orders that eventually might release.

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#8 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Thanks but I’ve backed this project on KS for 2 of them my confident they will be great

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#9 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:27 am

Anthony817 wrote:I am going to hold out for the dual analog Retro-Bit wireless controller with Saturn Style D-pad and 6 face buttons.

Me too. The retro fighters controller looks decent enough but I want an improved version of the Dreamcast controller, not a completely different controller altogether. The Saturn style D Pad alone is enough for me to be interested, because honestly that's what the original controller should have had in the first place.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:20 am

Yeah, I am a huge fan of the Xbox controller, and it looks to take its design from the Xbox One. So not knocking it for anything like that, I also just prefer more features and a general improvement to the original design. Basically what Sega should have had from the get-go. The huge plus here, is that not only will you be able to use the Dreamcast styled controller with it, but also the Saturn and Genesis/MD one. People also speculated the firmware of the dongle could be flashed to directly work with Xbox One and PS4 controllers, but it they have no USB port on the dongle not sure how that will be possible.