Is anybody still doing mame4all testing?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

bjankins1
blackout!

Is anybody still doing mame4all testing?

Post#1 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:46 pm

Ive been wanting to burn some games like cadilliacs and dinosaurs but it runs really funny and the music is off

I dont know how optimized mame games are and was going to see if anybody out there is still working on it?

Id be happy to test cds for anybody that needs feedback!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Is anybody still doing mame4all testing?

Post#2 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:09 pm

bjankins1 wrote:Ive been wanting to burn some games like cadilliacs and dinosaurs but it runs really funny and the music is off

I dont know how optimized mame games are and was going to see if anybody out there is still working on it?

Id be happy to test cds for anybody that needs feedback!

I still have the mame src can optimize mame games there is a hard ram limit most game under 1990 etc Wowmame can load 600 games some perfect a lot not .. As for mame4all i dont know much about it Was after my time and is not worked on any more.. I cant promise anything ether i have so many old projects..

Ian Micheal wrote:Here is working Cadillacs and Dinosaurs 100% speed
sound is pretty bad like old am radio. It runs overspeed sometimes 4 player works only mame on dreamcast that works 4 players i think. It's old it works.. All these have custom drivers
Link to selfboot cdi https://mega.nz/#!7m4g3QpQ!iCnv2KYJ21WB ... f9A8qR9Rx8
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs DC Front.jpg

cadillacs_and_dinosaurs_back_cover1.jpg
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:22 pm

This is very old from me back in 2003 so the sound is really bad you can turn it off in the menu before you play.. was the first version to ever run on dreamcast.. It's not good ether but there is

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#4 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:28 pm

Thanks, what exactly could a person do to say fix these problems?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:31 pm

bjankins1 wrote:Thanks, what exactly could a person do to say fix these problems?

Cant be fixed you have to optimize the cpu cores the source code and know c and have my old dev set up kos 1.1.7 So sh4 asm low level programing.. Not many people care about mame on dreamcast anymore since i was doing it back in 2002 2003 games under 1988 run pretty well on wowmame and lot run well on mame4all.. not going to run things from the 90's up.. thats why i ported neogeo cd in the first place

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#6 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:05 pm

I totally understand, as ive come to terms with the dreamcasts capabilities

Limited in some areas, open in others, and thats really funny to think that neo geo can emulate perfect but mame u gotta jump thru a lot just to get it right

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:20 am

The mame source code is so massive and not optimized for an embedded system console like dreamcast .. 200 or 300 old arcade games run perfect .. just when you start to get into about 1988 it gets mess mame does anyways.. Not that a cut down version just for that game could not get it a bit better.. really be a lot of work I use to do this.. Would you believe the C and D i put up there was 30% faster then the version i first did.. I stop doing it because the return is little with out really puting years of work into it.. Wowmame 80's can play most of the old classic arcade games close to perfect Supports the most games of any dreamcast mame emulator.. still i put lots and lots of settings so the user could tweak it all.. some games on it takes a long time tweaking settings to get playable.. Just depends on what you wanted to play on dreamcast most times you be better off with openbor or dreambor and a fan made game of an arcade game it run a hell of lot better with perfect sound

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#8 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:13 am

I stopped testing MAME4ALL (WowMame) in HDD IDE. It was said it does not work in Dreamshell IDE, I could make it work but still something wrong, the controller does not response and the screen is horizontal
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:22 am

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:I stopped testing MAME4ALL (WowMame) in HDD IDE. It was said it does not work in Dreamshell IDE, I could make it work but still something wrong, the controller does not response and the screen is horizontal

Wowmame menu on the right side bottom you can rotate the screen any way you want

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#10 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:47 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:I stopped testing MAME4ALL (WowMame) in HDD IDE. It was said it does not work in Dreamshell IDE, I could make it work but still something wrong, the controller does not response and the screen is horizontal

Wowmame menu on the right side bottom you can rotate the screen any way you want

How you do that, I tried again but nothing... :oops:
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-