SVC Chaos AES4ALL / TEST/Dreamcast

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

bjankins1
blackout!

Re: SVC Chaos AES4ALL / TEST/Dreamcast

Post#11 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:16 pm

Could metal slug run on RC4 and also load from just a CD (No SD) ?

Im not using GDEMU

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:58 pm

bjankins1 wrote:Could metal slug run on RC4 and also load from just a CD (No SD) ?

Im not using GDEMU

Yes but you need to remake the prefetch file dont even think that metal slug 3 there's ever been one made.. How to i posted is from the creator of the emulator..

With out a prefetch games are going to be slow and stop start when they send all the data to the MMU virtual address space .. main problem people did not understand rc4 they seen sd card support and thought you loading the game from there it can do that but that was not the point of it.. was so the dreamcast could load 2 things at a time with out stopping.. All the old prefetch files for rc3 point to the wrong places so thats why they dont work right .. SD card reader being slow people said.. you dont load the game from there.. anyways just like to see correct info put out..

GDEMU or a cdr data cant be read at 2 places at once thats just a fact..

Ive never seen a prefetch for metal slug 3 made..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:01 pm

bjankins1 wrote:Could metal slug run on RC4 and also load from just a CD (No SD) ?

Im not using GDEMU

Cant read 2 places at the same time so running the prefetch on the same cd would be useless slow..

Think of it right in the middle of loading rom data it stops to load the grafix prefetch if's on the same cd

then has to check load check load.. other way does both at the same time.. which do you think is faster

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#14 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:58 pm

Okay this is making much more sense to me, you can even tell somethings up with the laser reading when even starting the first mission, it sounds like its forcing itself to run, and without the prefetch file, it doesnr have enough power to play it correct speed

Hopefully someday it can be running on RC4

I saw chuis guide for prefetch files

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#15 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:11 am

Ian Micheal wrote:prefetch now works from sd card http://chui4all.blogspot.com/2011/10/im-back.html
Now, AES4ALL has SD-Card support (yes, MMU using SD instead CD is more fast, so more playable for large NeoGeo roms) and fixes Yamaha timmings: rc4 works from the sd card thats the point

Hi: I am testing AES4ALL In Dreamshell Ide HDD I have SVC chaos, KOF 2003 and others for SD made by someone all working in IDe HDD, now I tried to start converting games like Kof2004 SE with Convertneo then made an ISO File for Dreamshell but in screen only appears a GREEN SCREEN WITH SPOTS AND VERTICAL LINES. I replaced the same files in "romc" and rom.game then converted with Convertneo and then made an ISO, what else can I do? I read about Prefetch, can it be the problem?
Last edited by Ro Magnus Larsson on Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#16 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:13 pm

I trying to make an ISO for HDD, Where do we put the Prefecht file ?
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:23 pm

I can compile any of these and change this emulator.. i think he never made it load prefech from the sd card like stated or that source was not released so still like on the cd image that be slow.. using both at once in theory could even the slow sd card make it very fast not blocking reading from the same stream.. thats if the bus allows it which i dont think it does in dreamshell could be wrong

fact to make the mmu file for these needs a lot of work each game posted how few times..

could speed it up a lot but not with out seeing if we could read from the sd card at the same time as reading from the image.. if so yes that be much faster then trashing loading from the same source

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#18 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Ok, Make it please, I was reading Chui web, but later I found some prefecht files into CDI AES4ALL colection, anyway I can not make some of these games work correctly, I am getting tired with AES4ALL!
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

aldair
Metallic

Post#19 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:51 am

Aes4all is old, it was designed for use with the GD-ROM drive. Better to use MVSPSP which uses cache for larger rom.

aldair
Metallic

Post#20 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:56 am

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Ok, Make it please, I was reading Chui web, but later I found some prefecht files into CDI AES4ALL colection, anyway I can not make some of these games work correctly, I am getting tired with AES4ALL!

This prefetch does not work in practice. We already have gdemu and ide we need to create another MVS emulator.