GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MondoGecko
minority

Re: GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Post#141 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:52 pm

thulsadoom wrote:I have been having such rotten luck importing my custom theme. I have added my compressed png file (20.9 KB (21,487 bytes)) into the themes folder. I open GDMenu Theme Manager. My design is not listed. When I click import, a little window pops up and says "IMPORTED." But nothing has been imported. I've even deleted all the templates except mine, and the previous themes still load up (except mine) when I boot the program. I AM STUMPED.

I'm on Windows 11. Please help! Thank you.

In order to get themes loaded correctly I had to go about it in kind of an unintuitive way.
I put all of my custom theme images in the GDMenu Theme Manager v1.10\Assets\HD folder. I recommend making your themes with the included HD template.
Open GDMenu Theme Manager
Click Import, then Save, then Advanced
Under Advanced, go to Customize Options
Then you want to click the APPLY button next to ENABLE LARGER SIZE IMAGE
This will take you to a list that will allow you to select your custom theme, select the theme you want and click Accept.
Look over the rest of the options under Advanced if you want to change anything else like font color or menu text, then close the Advanced Options window and click Scramble when you're done, then close GDMenu Theme Manager.
Build your SD card with the included SD Manager in the GDMenu Theme Manager v1.10\GDEMU_SD 1.10 folder, make sure that the Menu option is checked and click Yes when it asks you if you want to customize your menu, then confirm, and your theme should be working when it's done.

RazorX
brutal

Post#142 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:42 pm

MondoGecko wrote:
thulsadoom wrote:I have been having such rotten luck importing my custom theme. I have added my compressed png file (20.9 KB (21,487 bytes)) into the themes folder. I open GDMenu Theme Manager. My design is not listed. When I click import, a little window pops up and says "IMPORTED." But nothing has been imported. I've even deleted all the templates except mine, and the previous themes still load up (except mine) when I boot the program. I AM STUMPED.

I'm on Windows 11. Please help! Thank you.

In order to get themes loaded correctly I had to go about it in kind of an unintuitive way.
I put all of my custom theme images in the GDMenu Theme Manager v1.10\Assets\HD folder. I recommend making your themes with the included HD template.
Open GDMenu Theme Manager
Click Import, then Save, then Advanced
Under Advanced, go to Customize Options
Then you want to click the APPLY button next to ENABLE LARGER SIZE IMAGE
This will take you to a list that will allow you to select your custom theme, select the theme you want and click Accept.
Look over the rest of the options under Advanced if you want to change anything else like font color or menu text, then close the Advanced Options window and click Scramble when you're done, then close GDMenu Theme Manager.
Build your SD card with the included SD Manager in the GDMenu Theme Manager v1.10\GDEMU_SD 1.10 folder, make sure that the Menu option is checked and click Yes when it asks you if you want to customize your menu, then confirm, and your theme should be working when it's done.

i haven't checked my code in a little while but i'm pretty sure i set it up so if the custom theme you import is larger than 30kb or is in the HD folder then it automatically does the patching for you to enable it as a HD theme so i'm pretty sure you don't then have to go into Advanced to enable HD themes.

MondoGecko
minority

Post#143 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:22 am

RazorX wrote:i haven't checked my code in a little while but i'm pretty sure i set it up so if the custom theme you import is larger than 30kb or is in the HD folder then it automatically does the patching for you to enable it as a HD theme so i'm pretty sure you don't then have to go into Advanced to enable HD themes.

I don't doubt you but I've never been able to get any of my themes to show up unless I do it in the way I posted. I've tried placing them in the HD folder and the themes folder and testing both but they won't appear anywhere unless I click Enable Larger Image Size in Advanced options.

RazorX
brutal

Post#144 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:40 pm

MondoGecko wrote:just sharing some themes
berserk.png
JSRTHEME.png
BERSERKTHEME.png
SATHEME.png
GRANDIAIITHEME.png
reztheme.png

sorry for the late response, your themes are great and i've added them to the theme manager app for anyone to use them if that's alright.
if you load up my theme manager and look at the bottom of the HD themes you'll see them :)

RazorX
brutal

Post#145 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:52 pm

since i didn't start this thread i'd appreciate it if anyone wanting to post there themes they posted them here thanks:
https://segaxtreme.net/threads/release- ... ger.24531/

MondoGecko
minority

Post#146 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:56 am

RazorX wrote:
berserk.png
JSRTHEME.png
BERSERKTHEME.png
SATHEME.png
GRANDIAIITHEME.png
reztheme.png

sorry for the late response, your themes are great and i've added them to the theme manager app for anyone to use them if that's alright.
if you load up my theme manager and look at the bottom of the HD themes you'll see them :)

Thanks, and yeah that's fine with me. Here's a Shenmue theme I did not too long ago, feel free to use it too if you'd like.
ShenmueBikeTheme.png

RazorX
brutal

Post#147 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:20 pm

MondoGecko wrote:
RazorX wrote:
berserk.png
JSRTHEME.png
BERSERKTHEME.png
SATHEME.png
GRANDIAIITHEME.png
reztheme.png

Thanks, and yeah that's fine with me. Here's a Shenmue theme I did not too long ago, feel free to use it too if you'd like.
ShenmueBikeTheme.png

added

RazorX
brutal

Post#148 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:09 am

MondoGecko wrote:
RazorX wrote:i haven't checked my code in a little while but i'm pretty sure i set it up so if the custom theme you import is larger than 30kb or is in the HD folder then it automatically does the patching for you to enable it as a HD theme so i'm pretty sure you don't then have to go into Advanced to enable HD themes.

I don't doubt you but I've never been able to get any of my themes to show up unless I do it in the way I posted. I've tried placing them in the HD folder and the themes folder and testing both but they won't appear anywhere unless I click Enable Larger Image Size in Advanced options.

fair enough, please feel free to send me any themes you make and i'll add them to my theme manager if you like, that way it's easier for you to use one in the future and it will allow others to use them too.

RazorX
brutal

[Release] GDMenu Theme Manager v1.12a

Post#149 » Wed May 10, 2023 9:24 pm

GDMenu Theme Manager v1.12a

Notes
Fixed some bugs, Improved some code, Added new themes, Simplified the main screen, Updated the readme and added a built in gdmenu vmu icon creator and previewer.
Also added the font color presets to GDMenu Theme Preview Generator app.

Updates

Code: Select all

Update (10/05/2023) - Combined the vmu icon creator and previewer into one menu as well as made improvements, Now the preview is a live preview and will update as you edit/draw your vmu icon and i've also added a Blank button for anyone who wants to start from scratch (this will fill the creator with # which on a vmu is nothing so would just be blank).
I've also added a tick box in the bottom left which when enabled will allow you to highlight areas of the vmu icon and by pressing down your middle mouse button/wheel it will swap around whatever's highlighted so if you highlight one or many # it will switch them to = and vice versa so it will make the process of drawing much faster.

Update (08/05/2023) - Changed the vmu preview button to allow you to simply browse and select the vmu icon file you want to see instead of having to apply it first as well as improved the preview look to closer reflect what you'd see on the actual vmu in terms of color.
Added a built in vmu icon creator so there is no need to mess around with downloading something like HxD and using that to create your vmu icon.

Update (07/05/2023) - Updated 'GDMenu Theme Preview Generator' to v1.03 and added support for 'GDMenu Theme Manager' font color presets, when selecting a preset it will automatically be applied and saved and the RGB boxes and Apply button will be disabled as they're not needed, However if you select the blank preset then will be re-enabled if you choose to enter your own RGB values.

Update (06/05/2023) - Just some code fixes and improvements as well as an update to the 'GDMenu Theme Preview Generator' app to also remove the build in color wheel in favor of just a link to the webpage to prevent crashing for some people, I also disabled the 'Font Color' window from closing so it's easier to mess with the font color on the fly as well as added a little box that will also show the color for the RGB value you entered.
Also on 'GDMenu Theme Manager' i have added a 'Click Here' link that will appear when the app detects the version you're running is lower than the currently released one, It will show up under News to the right of where it will say 'NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE:' and tell you the version number.

Update (04/05/2023) - with HD themes being the way to go now i have removed some of the old options which aren't really useful anymore to simplify the look as well as redid the readme so it's focused on just what you need to do in order to apply a theme.
Also had a few users comment that when trying to adjust the font colors it would crash because of the online color wheel element so i have removed it and just added a link to the one i was using so there shouldn't be anymore crashes due to that.
I have also altered the Apply button for importing a custom HD font (older fonts also work) in Advanced ~ Customize Options so rather than you having to manually place the font in the correct place it will bring up a window for you to select the font you want and put it in the correct place and name it correctly for you.
New themes, vmu icons, a color preset and a font has also been added.

Download
Here
Last edited by RazorX on Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panja0
lithium

Re: [Release] GDMenu Theme Manager v1.12a

Post#150 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:54 am

RazorX wrote:GDMenu Theme Manager v1.12a

I love the Theme Manager and the available themes. Many thanks for this @RazorX!
But is there a way to get the themes working with GDMENU Card Manager by Sonik instead of SD Card Maker by Mad Sheep?

The reason is that I'm using a case sensitive game list, so for instance Crazy Taxi instead of CRAZY TAXI.
In GDMENU Card Manager (by Sonik) I can select all games at once and change that.
With SD Card Maker I have to rename all game manually 1 by 1.
And if I change theme in the future I have to rename them all over again, one by one.