GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

RazorX
brutal

Re: GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Post#101 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:48 pm

if anyone wants to they can redownload v1.6c of my app to get a much needed update to my GDMenu Theme Preview Generator, it now lets you adjust the color of the text on the preview as well as change the games listed.
it also supports themes in Assets\HD and Themes, if you have themes in both it will ask at launch which ones you want to load.

RazorX
brutal

Post#102 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:08 pm

version 1.7 is now out:
GDMenu Theme Manager v1.7

i had to remove a few of the text editing options as they were conflicting with others, i also made some of the menus a little smaller and tweaked the layout a bit as well as add a spongebob hd theme and a green text version of my pso hd theme as well as a green font color preset for it.

Update:
fixed an issue i had with my theme preview generator so i reuploaded 1.7 with it in there and also added a new illbleed hd theme i just made as well as a stupid invaders one.

RazorX
brutal

Post#103 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:35 pm

GDMenu Theme Manager v1.8 Released
Download

Update (09/09/2021) - Updated my theme manager to be able to better preview the HD themes as well as download them from online so any theme i create or others create and send me i can add to the online section and they will simply appear on the app for you to download and use. (Clicking download will automatically apply that theme as well so you won't have to do that after)
Also updated my preview generator to version 0.6c and changed it to save the images as jpg, i have been messing around with it lately and that just seems like the best format to use overall given it is just a preview.

RazorX
brutal

Post#104 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:37 pm

updated to 1.8a, you can now see the hd theme preview and filesize on the main screen after applying it.

also tweaked all the online previews so various ones have different colored font to better so off the theme and help make the font more visible.
they all now show a full page of games too so you can get a better idea of how everything lines up.

fraggle200
chill

Post#105 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:43 pm

this looks great but I'm running into some .Net issues.

whenever I run the app ( I've tried about 6 versions so far and all the same) I get this popup.
theme manager issue.PNG

If I continue the app boots but I can't do anything as it times out. Any ideas? I've attached the text from the popup as well.

Thought my .Net framework wasn't up to date but it is.
Attachments
theme manager issue.txt
(5.57 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

RazorX
brutal

Post#106 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:51 pm

fraggle200 wrote:this looks great but I'm running into some .Net issues.

whenever I run the app ( I've tried about 6 versions so far and all the same) I get this popup.
theme manager issue.PNG

If I continue the app boots but I can't do anything as it times out. Any ideas? I've attached the text from the popup as well.

my app is built with .NET Framework 4.72, if you have it and still have issues try running it as administrator.
what's happening is it's trying to download the image for the theme it defaults too and isn't able to do so, make sure you're running it on a pc or laptop that is connected to the internet as well as what i've said above.

fraggle200
chill

Post#107 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:54 am

RazorX wrote:

theme manager issue.PNG

my app is built with .NET Framework 4.72, if you have it and still have issues try running it as administrator.
what's happening is it's trying to download the image for the theme it defaults too and isn't able to do so, make sure you're running it on a pc or laptop that is connected to the internet as well as what i've said above.

I'm on Win10 64bit so it's got .Net 4.8 baked into it. Have run as admin and still the same.

PC is connected to the internet so that's not the reason. I've had a play about with some of the TCP and HTTP .Net settings but it's still not changed anything.

RazorX
brutal

Post#108 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:54 am

fraggle200 wrote:
RazorX wrote:

theme manager issue.PNG

I'm on Win10 64bit so it's got .Net 4.8 baked into it. Have run as admin and still the same.

PC is connected to the internet so that's not the reason. I've had a play about with some of the TCP and HTTP .Net settings but it's still not changed anything.

what OS are you using then?
try this, i built it with .net framework 4.8: MEGA

fraggle200
chill

Post#109 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:41 am

RazorX wrote:
fraggle200 wrote:
RazorX wrote:my app is built with .NET Framework 4.72, if you have it and still have issues try running it as administrator.

Thanks for that.

I'm on Windows 10 Home. Sadly that didn't work either. still the same issue. There's something going on with my .Net installation it seems. I'll keep tinkering about with it and see if I can get it working. shitty thing with .Net in Win10 is that it's built into the OS so I can't uninstall and reinstall to see if that helps.

Out of curiosity, what OS are you on? if you're on Win 10 can I check something with you?

RazorX
brutal

Post#110 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:54 am

fraggle200 wrote:
RazorX wrote:
fraggle200 wrote:

Thanks for that.

I'm on Windows 10 Home. Sadly that didn't work either. still the same issue. There's something going on with my .Net installation it seems. I'll keep tinkering about with it and see if I can get it working. shitty thing with .Net in Win10 is that it's built into the OS so I can't uninstall and reinstall to see if that helps.

Out of curiosity, what OS are you on? if you're on Win 10 can I check something with you?

i use windows 10 pro 64bit and i developed this app on this pc.
i haven't had anyone complain they've had any issues and i talk to a lot of people on the SegaNet discord who use it and who have made themes for it.
i'm on there everyday chatting.
also make sure your antivirus or whatever you use isn't blocking it.