GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

RazorX
brutal

Re: GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Post#91 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:44 pm

sonik wrote:Hi @RazorX,
I see that your app have an "scramble" button.
It's possible to generate an unscrambled binary too?
I'm trying to help @Spec with it.
Gd Card Manager uses the menu in GDI format. And I don't think an scrambled binary will boot.

it already does, look in the assets folder before hitting scramble and you'll see a NEW-THEME.BIN

Spec
lithium

Post#92 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:30 am

Ah great thank you for clearing that up.
While you guys were figuring it out for me I also found another program that checks and unscrambles and scrambles the .BIN (binary file) to which ever that you need. https://sizious.com/download/dreamcast/#binary-checker

So just to be clear that SD Card Maker v1.10 uses a scrambled 1ST_READ.BIN and sonik's GDMENU SD Manager uses an unscrambled 1ST_READ.BIN. That's why it wasn't working for me when I tried to import a theme. (1ST_READ.BIN)

Thanks RazorX and sonik for all of your work. :)

RazorX
brutal

Post#93 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:20 am

1.6b just dropped, i've made it easier to use hd themes :D
now just throw your hd themes in the Assets\HD folder as any name (but still .png) and click apply to enable hd themes and you'll see this:

then just click the hd theme you want to use and click accept and then continue as normal, i also included my hd pso theme and hd versions of my friend Riggles bios style themes.

Update:
Updated to 1.6c, Added the ability to also use a HD font as well as updating a few other things you can see on the download page.

Download:
GDMenu Theme Manager v1.6c

RazorX
brutal

Post#94 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:24 am

not sure if there is anymore features i'll add after this unless something decent is discovered, gdmenu is as customizable as you can get at this point so apart from fixes etc this may end up being the last version but hard to say what will come up in the future.

Traxus
shadow

Post#95 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:28 am

Heya! I was wondering if I can use this to edit an already existing theme. When I try importing, a prompt pops up saying "Imported" but I don't see the theme anywhere. Am I doing something wrong? I have the theme (a .bin file) I'm trying to edit in the Themes folder.

This is what I want to edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... ple_theme/

I just want to bring the buttons and Dreamcast logo in closer to center because they're partially off the screen on my CRT.

RazorX
brutal

Post#96 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:53 pm

Traxus wrote:Heya! I was wondering if I can use this to edit an already existing theme. When I try importing, a prompt pops up saying "Imported" but I don't see the theme anywhere. Am I doing something wrong? I have the theme (a .bin file) I'm trying to edit in the Themes folder.

This is what I want to edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... ple_theme/

I just want to bring the buttons and Dreamcast logo in closer to center because they're partially off the screen on my CRT.

look at the last theme on my app but bare in mind as of my latest updates you can now make HD themes so instead of being restricted to just 30kb or less you can have a theme that's any filesize just about.

this is my hd pso theme i've made that's 4MB:

and this is one of the hd themes my buddy made:

you can also adjust stuff on my app like font colour etc.

if there partially cut off on your crt them perhaps your crt needs adjusted, other than that you'd have to get the png for the theme which i can send you and then you'd have to edit it and recompress it if needed to keep it 30kb or less and then put it in the themes folder and try it.

Traxus
shadow

Post#97 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:05 pm

RazorX wrote:if there partially cut off on your crt them perhaps your crt needs adjusted, other than that you'd have to get the png for the theme which i can send you and then you'd have to edit it and recompress it if needed to keep it 30kb or less and then put it in the themes folder and try it.
Oh right on! I didn't realize that simple theme was already included in the program.

Yeah, I've been messing around with my CRT geometry this past week and I've pushed the overscan out probably farther than I should, so I don't see any garbage pixels in any of my games between Dreamcast and N64. But in that particular theme (at least the version I downloaded from reddit) the buttons and logo are set juuuust close enough to the edges that they go slightly outside the visible area.

RazorX
brutal

Post#98 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:12 pm

Traxus wrote:
RazorX wrote:if there partially cut off on your crt them perhaps your crt needs adjusted, other than that you'd have to get the png for the theme which i can send you and then you'd have to edit it and recompress it if needed to keep it 30kb or less and then put it in the themes folder and try it.
Oh right on! I didn't realize that simple theme was already included in the program.

Yeah, I've been messing around with my CRT geometry this past week and I've pushed the overscan out probably farther than I should, so I don't see any garbage pixels in any of my games between Dreamcast and N64. But in that particular theme (at least the version I downloaded from reddit) the buttons and logo are set juuuust close enough to the edges that they go slightly outside the visible area.

it may also just be that theme, try one of the other themes and see if there the same

Treamcaster
fire

Post#99 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:16 pm

RazorX wrote:

Nice work! Would it be possible to use a .gif image as background of the "aqua dreamcast main menu", so that would look more dynamic, like the original?

RazorX
brutal

Post#100 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:45 pm

Treamcaster wrote:
RazorX wrote:

Nice work! Would it be possible to use a .gif image as background of the "aqua dreamcast main menu", so that would look more dynamic, like the original?

it's not something i've tested but i highly doubt it