GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Zer0
shadow

Re: GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Post#11 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:17 am

Do you think it would be possible in a future update to add menu music?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:57 am

I doubt that, the actual menu is not really open sourced. It is slightly modable but that is about it. We need to wait for mrneo240 to release his Open Menu for the system. He used the bootloader from this in his menu and with the source to his menu available hopefully soon, people could modify that all kinds of ways with maybe a cheat menu built in, and custom game art and game description info.

RightSprite UK
lithium

Post#13 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:31 am

Hey the people some help, does anyone here have a problem with the loading screen , I dont understand as it loads up straight away then after removing games or adding
i then get Loading screen which happens on first boot up of the console, some times take a 1min or 3, i think the games list is not loading properly any chance there is a way fix or is this how it is atm in this stable form this would be great for it to bot straight up .
thanks .

Just to mention i used the GDEMU game downloads form here , i line them up in alphabet in the gdmenu order and export it to default

stry8993
lithium

Post#14 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:40 am

Man, Windows is not a fan of this."Trojan:Win32/CryptInject!ml"

stry8993
lithium

Post#15 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:43 am

RightSprite UK wrote:Hey the people some help, does anyone here have a problem with the loading screen , I dont understand as it loads up straight away then after removing games or adding
i then get Loading screen which happens on first boot up of the console, some times take a 1min or 3, i think the games list is not loading properly any chance there is a way fix or is this how it is atm in this stable form this would be great for it to bot straight up .
thanks .

Just to mention i used the GDEMU game downloads form here , i line them up in alphabet in the gdmenu order and export it to default

Its because its not detecting your games list. So its building it at boot. You have to disable the menu in GDMenu Maker, then check it again, and what I usually do is go into customize when prompted, and then save, and then I tend not to have any issues.

RightSprite UK
lithium

Post#16 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:09 pm

stry8993 wrote:
RightSprite UK wrote:Hey the people some help, does anyone here have a problem with the loading screen , I dont understand as it loads up straight away then after removing games or adding
thanks .

Its because its not detecting your games list. So its building it at boot. You have to disable the menu in GDMenu Maker, then check it again, and what I usually do is go into customize when prompted, and then save, and then I tend not to have any issues.

That worked like a treat thanks for your help, I quess now if you were to a 200gb card will there still be any loading ?
ALso you may be the right guy to ask. Do you know if there is work going on with a different menu system Layout or prehaps a 16:9 GDEMU interface

RightSprite UK
lithium

Post#17 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:20 pm

deluxux wrote:Thanks for this app, its really cool!!
I ask kindly for an Atomiswave Theme :)
I had issues running this,I assume it is windows only?, what extra packages do you need for this from a fresh Win7/Win10 install? Mono? .Net?

here you are ,hope eyou enjoy . I created a few more of my own and added to what is supplied here on
download link here ----
Imagehttps://www.rightsprite.co.uk/gdemu-sega-anniversary-menu-download/

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#18 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:42 pm

This is a heavily modified version of the original GDMENU theme called "CleanCast". The following changes have been made:

• The GDMENU logo has been replaced with an all-white version of the Dreamcast logo.
• The stock "no conver art" disc image has been replaced with a new image.
• An all-white SEGA logo has been added to the bottom-right of the menu.
• The action menu (Play, Exit, Menu) has been centered and its font has been changed.

To utilize this custom GDMENU theme using Madsheep's SD Card Maker tool, follow the simple instructions below:

1) Backup the existing "1ST_READ.BIN" file in the "GDEMU_SD 1.10\data\files" folder.
2) Copy the "1ST_READ.BIN" file from this archive to the "GDEMU_SD 1.10\data\files" folder.
3) Launch the GDEMU SD Card Maker (GDEMU_SD.exe) and remove the very first entry labeled "GDMENU".
4) Click the "SAVE" icon at the bottom-right of the SD Card Maker program and when prompted, choose "Yes" for creating a customized menu.
5) At this point, the custom "1ST_READ.BIN" file included in this archive will be used to compile a new .CDI image used for the GDMENU itself. You're done, enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dd2qU5-k-cdpcE_Embt-98qWaUbDA0PK/view?usp=sharing
Last edited by ateam on Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#19 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:47 pm

RightSprite UK wrote:here you are ,hope eyou enjoy . I created a few more of my own and added to what is supplied here on
download link here ----
Imagehttps://www.rightsprite.co.uk/gdemu-sega-anniversary-menu-download/

It would appear that your Google Drive link is dead (generic TOS violation error message).

Do you have copies hosted elsewhere of both of the themes featured in your video? They're quite nice!

Thanks.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

shano
lithium

Post#20 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:17 pm

Cool stuff! Just curious is this okay with GDEMU clones that can't be updated? cheers.