GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

fraggle200
chill

Re: GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Post#111 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:11 am

RazorX wrote:i use windows 10 pro 64bit and i developed this app on this pc.
i haven't had anyone complain they've had any issues and i talk to a lot of people on the SegaNet discord who use it and who have made themes for it.
i'm on there everyday chatting.
also make sure your antivirus or whatever you use isn't blocking it.

If you don't mind, could you go into control panel>programs and features>turn windows features on or off and tell me what you have under your .Net framework services? I must have a mismatch at my end somewhere and this seems like the only logical place it could be so just wonder what you would have to see if I'm far off it.
here's what I've got currently:
sanity check.PNG

Can't think that my antivirus would be an issue as it's just windows defender but even with it off it's still the same, and I've got the firewall off as it doesn't like my network in the house. have allowed it anyway through the firewall... same.

if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#112 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:53 pm

fraggle200 wrote:
RazorX wrote:if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

the error is not related to missing .NET components, your ISP or software is blocking the download of the file

fraggle200
chill

Post#113 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:08 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
fraggle200 wrote:
RazorX wrote:if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

the error is not related to missing .NET components, your ISP or software is blocking the download of the file

Thanks Megavolt, I'll keep trying to see if I can find out what's wrong.

RazorX
brutal

Post#114 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:01 pm

fraggle200 wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:
fraggle200 wrote:

Thanks Megavolt, I'll keep trying to see if I can find out what's wrong.

yeah something you have is blocking the download, it's strange because all it downloads is png and jpg files so not sure what you have that's blocking that

fraggle200
chill

Post#115 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:18 am

RazorX wrote:yeah something you have is blocking the download, it's strange because all it downloads is png and jpg files so not sure what you have that's blocking that

thats the puzzling part for me as well. I'll fire up the VPN and see if it makes a difference.

fraggle200
chill

Post#116 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:23 am

well what do you know.... VPN switched on and it's working like a dream. so strange but SKY can be picky with certain things at times so I shouldn't second guess them.

Thanks for your patience on this @RazorX, very much appreciated. As well as @Megavolt. I'd have been cursing the .Net installation without that guidance.

RazorX
brutal

Post#117 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:01 am

fraggle200 wrote:well what do you know.... VPN switched on and it's working like a dream. so strange but SKY can be picky with certain things at times so I shouldn't second guess them.

Thanks for your patience on this @RazorX, very much appreciated. As well as @Megavolt. I'd have been cursing the .Net installation without that guidance.

hopefully you can get it all working, let me know if you do.

RazorX
brutal

Post#118 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:58 pm

GDMenu Theme Manager v1.8c Relased

Update (14/09/2021) - Added an RGB color wheel to the 'Font Colors' section so it's easier to pick the color you want.
Update (13/09/2021) - Added the online HD themes to the main selection list so it's quicker and easier to apply one by simple doing what you'd normally do for a standard theme, Because of this i have removed the online section on the 'HD Theme Selector' however i have left the offline section so you can still use this to import your own HD theme.
I'm also using .Net Framework 4.8 instead of 4.7.2.

Download:
GDMenu Theme Manager v1.8c

RazorX
brutal

Post#119 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:39 pm

another update done :D
just edited the post above this time lol

RazorX
brutal

Post#120 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:04 pm

sonik wrote:Hi @RazorX,
I see that your app have an "scramble" button.
It's possible to generate an unscrambled binary too?
I'm trying to help @Spec with it.
Gd Card Manager uses the menu in GDI format. And I don't think an scrambled binary will boot.

how did you get on with this?
my app just makes the 1ST_READ.BIN that is built into the gdmenu cdi, pretty sure it should work in the gdi as well but i never tested it.
if you get it working let me know and i will have my app look for a folder name of your choice to see if your manager exists and if it does i'll have it put the bin file in there for you scrambled or not depending what you need.