GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

RazorX
brutal

Re: GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Post#51 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:12 am

v1.2 is out, i've improved the font color patching process and dropped it down to just RGB as well as added a couple of presets just to get you started and see how they work.
i've also added the ability to change the number of games listed per page and i've also added a News section on the main app which will tell you if there is an update for the app.

https://segaxtreme.net/threads/release- ... 1-2.24531/

to make your own preset just select Custom and change the values to how you want them then close the fonts color menu and it will save the values to Assets/Custom.txt then just make a copy of that in Assets and rename it to whatever makes sense for your color theme such as Purple.txt for example then load up the font colors menu again and you should see it listed in the Presets dropdown box.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#52 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:24 am

ncc1701p wrote:This seems neat but google drive tells me to forget it.. as it 'has a virus..

You need to just accept the file, it’s perfectly fine and I’ve been using it no issues for a long time.

RazorX
brutal

Post#53 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:29 am

download my latest version from segaxtreme, anywhere else will be an old version

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#54 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:04 am

RazorX wrote:v1.2 is out, i've improved the font color patching process and dropped it down to just RGB as well as added a couple of presets just to get you started and see how they work.
i've also added the ability to change the number of games listed per page and i've also added a News section on the main app which will tell you if there is an update for the app.

to make your own preset just select Custom and change the values to how you want them then close the fonts color menu and it will save the values to Assets/Custom.txt then just make a copy of that in Assets and rename it to whatever makes sense for your color theme such as Purple.txt for example then load up the font colors menu again and you should see it listed in the Presets dropdown box.

Awesome. Thanks RazorX.

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#55 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:50 am

This is awesome! My GDMenu theme looks better than ever. I've published a new version (CleanCast v2r1) of the Red Swirl edition.

GDMENU - CleanCast v2r1 Theme (Red Swirl).zip
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x-_mNmy4qdiEgbzK6Ubps2ihsxl9Doxw/view?usp=sharing

Here are some previews of what I changed.

Here are the specific changes I made. I'm using white everywhere that previously used any form of gray or aqua-marine/turquoise. However, any highlighted text has not been turned white, but instead a shade of blue that comes directly from one of the blues used in the theme background image itself.

Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

RazorX
brutal

Post#56 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:08 pm

the latest version of my app includes ateam's themes and his color preset :)
the latest version is now v1.3 which has added the ability to change the X and Y position of the game list.

Update:
a big shout out to my friend ateam who has created a youtube video to better show off what my theme manager app does and how to use it:

Jade1975
minority

Post#57 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:54 pm

Look what I found on AliExpressImage

Sent from my A5_Pro using Tapatalk

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#58 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:23 pm

Ah man that is fucked up, but not much we can do about it considering that is just China for you.

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#59 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:56 pm

Jade1975 wrote:Look what I found on AliExpress

Haha, what the hell?! Who knew you could sell a PNG on AliExpress.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

RazorX
brutal

Post#60 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:22 pm

v1.4a is now live and can be downloaded here:
https://segaxtreme.net/threads/release- ... -4a.24531/

i've totally overhauled how the themes are done, all the themes are now stored online which means among other things i can add themes and they will just show up for you :D
you are still able to add themes locally if you want to make your own and test them.

i have also added a new program i created in with 1.4a which lets you generate a preview for your theme rather than having to boot it up on your dreamcast and take a photo of the tv or use a capture card: