Adapter for MAPLE (Release)

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

KaduLeite
noob

Re: Adapter for MAPLE (Release)

Post#381 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:40 pm

megavolt85 wrote:the project is abandoned, but most of the features work.
Here is the latest assembled version, the vibration does not work for the PlayStation controllers.

First of all, congratulations on your hard working for all of your projects. I'm sure you spent a lot of hours and the result is really brilliant.
There's a lot of people waiting ansious for a fully working version and we all are very sorry you are using your time in other stuff.
I feel my projects like my kids and maybe you feel the same. So, since the project is abandoned, is there a chance you open the source code? I think this way your little kid could grow up with our help.

lexlocatelli
shadow

Post#382 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:41 am

megavolt85 wrote:
Teuton1379 wrote:I have been following this thread about the controller adapter. Is that project complete, fully functional? If is there a concise, updated written build plan? Is there a series of files, pinouts, schematics, etc. so that I can build these?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13058&start=360#p169159

Teuton1379 wrote:Are there currently available parts, and if so, what part or model numbers?

all parts available on aliexpress.

keywords for find parts: stm32f401ccu6, nokia1202 lcd, M25PE16, passive buzzer

Does the 401 firmware not contain mouse compatibility? I've wired one up for a PS/2 mouse, but it just gives be a blinking blue light constantly, like it isn't detecting it. I've tried rewiring everything, checking solder joints, etc, and have exhausted all options. Just isn't working for me, any help would be appreciated!

megavolt85
Developer

Post#383 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:28 am

lexlocatelli wrote:Does the 401 firmware not contain mouse compatibility?

No, adapter on STM32F401 does not support keyboard/mice

lexlocatelli
shadow

Post#384 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:39 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
lexlocatelli wrote:Does the 401 firmware not contain mouse compatibility?

No, adapter on STM32F401 does not support keyboard/mice

Thanks for the update!

I've tried two different boards of the STM32F103C8T6, from different sellers, and I just can not get the mouse working. All I get is a blinking green light, which I assume means it doesn't detect any controller/mouse/etc. I've tried both the Mouse4DC.bin and SMPMK2DC.bin files.

On one board, I only get the flashing light and nothing from the Dreamcast. On the other board, I still get the flashing green light, but the mouse seems to connect and disconnect over and over, but even when it shows as connected I can't get any input from it.

Any ideas on something I might be missing? Is there a specific jumper that needs to be set on the board, or something like that?

Here is my soldering, it's not incredible but I triple checked and nothing is bridged, all connections are being made. https://imgur.com/a/ADbdDu7

megavolt85
Developer

Post#385 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:26 am

lexlocatelli wrote:Any ideas on something I might be missing?

try another mouse. The problem with the PS/2 protocol is that the transmission speed is controlled not by the host, but by the device itself.
Some mouse instances transmit data very slowly and there is not enough time to poll the mouse and have time to respond to dreamcast, so disconnections occur.

if I had a controller with two cores, I could process the mouse on one, and maple on the second, then such problems would not arise.

lexlocatelli
shadow

Post#386 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:11 pm

megavolt85 wrote:

try another mouse. The problem with the PS/2 protocol is that the transmission speed is controlled not by the host, but by the device itself.
Some mouse instances transmit data very slowly and there is not enough time to poll the mouse and have time to respond to dreamcast, so disconnections occur.

if I had a controller with two cores, I could process the mouse on one, and maple on the second, then such problems would not arise.

I understand, I'll try another one and update ASAP, thank you! I'll buy from HP this time, I have a no-name mouse I'm trying that is probably very shitty lol.

Oh and should I be using the Mouse4DC bin file or the SMPMK2DC bin file?

lexlocatelli
shadow

Post#387 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:04 pm

megavolt85 wrote:

New mouse didn't work either, nor are any of my PS/2 keyboards (I tried 3), I think at this point it's just not happening for me. Thank you for the support though!

Alponxo
noob

Post#388 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:43 am

Can the Nokia 5110 screen be used? Is the source code available to add compatibility? I'd like to help

megavolt85
Developer

Post#389 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:17 pm

Alponxo wrote:Can the Nokia 5110 screen be used?

no.
original display - 48x32
Nokia 5110 - 84x48
Nokia 1202/1203/1280 - 96x65 (48*2=96 32*2=64+1 not used line)

Alponxo
noob

Post#390 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:12 pm

Oled ssd1331 96x64 compatible?