Adapter for MAPLE (Release)

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

gilvan666
lithium

Re: Adapter for MAPLE (Release)

Post#241 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:13 pm

First of all congratulations for the wonderful work in the Dreamcast scene. I mounted my adapter is working fine with my playstation 2 controller. A detail is that after turning on the dreamcast I have to disconnect the playstation 2 controller and reconnect to work is this normal?
Dreamcast NTSC, MOD BIOS, MOD VGA, MOD IDE.

RazorX
brutal

Post#242 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:44 pm

gilvan666 wrote:First of all congratulations for the wonderful work in the Dreamcast scene. I mounted my adapter is working fine with my playstation 2 controller. A detail is that after turning on the dreamcast I have to disconnect the playstation 2 controller and reconnect to work is this normal?

yes that's normal, sadly we are still waiting for @Megavolt85 to find time in his busy schedule to work on fixing this issue.
we believe it's a timing issue, hopefully he will find the time to address this soon.

gilvan666
lithium

Post#243 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:41 pm

RazorX wrote:
gilvan666 wrote:First of all congratulations for the wonderful work in the Dreamcast scene. I mounted my adapter is working fine with my playstation 2 controller. A detail is that after turning on the dreamcast I have to disconnect the playstation 2 controller and reconnect to work is this normal?

yes that's normal, sadly we are still waiting for @Megavolt85 to find time in his busy schedule to work on fixing this issue.
we believe it's a timing issue, hopefully he will find the time to address this soon.

Thanks for the answer. Now I'm going to try to emulate the VMU along with the psx control.

gilvan666
lithium

Post#244 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:46 pm

RazorX wrote:

something I found interesting today. in Playstantion 2's matrix chip settings it has a 10-second delay setting for the controller. If @Megavolt85 leaves a 10 second delay to initialize the control?

RazorX
brutal

Post#245 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:37 pm

My Board Design Gerber Releases

My Controller Adapter: (untested)
Front:

Back:

My Memory Card Emulator/Dumper: (tested)
(the 16v capacitor and 10uF MLCC is not needed, you can also use a 10k 0805 resistor or a through-hole one but don't use both)
Front:

Back:

Here are my gerber files for the boards i had put together for this project, I have built and tested my 'Memory Card Emulator/Dumper' board and that is now my main storage for saves and works well.
I haven't tested my 'Controller Adapter' board but i shouldn't see why it wouldn't work and i have done my best to keep both pcbs as small as i could so they won't cost much to order.
I look forward to seeing if any of you decide to order and make them, If you do please let me know how you get on thanks.

Here is an image and video of me testing my 'Memory Card Emulator/Dumper' (old board was called VMU instead of Memory Card)
the connector is a JST-5-PTH (5-Pin 2.00mm Angled Connector)

Attachments
My Memory Card Icons (Separate).zip
(11.78 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
All 16 Memory Card Dumps With Icons And 240 Blocks.zip
(9.1 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Memory Card Emulator And Dumper By RazorX.zip
(125.05 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Controller Adapter By RazorX.zip
(129.37 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Last edited by RazorX on Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.

RazorX
brutal

Post#246 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:32 pm

added my 16 memory card dumps that have all been setup to have 240 blocks each and my custom vmu icons.
also added the icons separately.

gilvan666
lithium

Post#247 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:22 pm

Thank you very much for the files, I just had 5 pcb of each made. as soon as I put together photos and show.

werejag
noob

Post#248 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:27 pm

thanks

RazorX
brutal

Post#249 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:28 pm

gilvan666 wrote:Thank you very much for the files, I just had 5 pcb of each made. as soon as I put together photos and show.

make sure for the memory card emulator pcb you flash the arcade stick firmware on it in order for it to work.
also the connector i used was JST-5-PTH.

werejag
noob

Post#250 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:48 am

how long of a dc cable have been tested working on it?