Battle Chess 1988

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ChristinaDreamcustDC
blackout!

Re: Battle Chess 1988

Post#11 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:38 pm

Ian, if you are going to use that loader could you include some pictures of the game artwork or movies or music?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:47 pm

ChristinaDreamcustDC wrote:Ian, if you are going to use that loader could you include some pictures of the game artwork or movies or music?

Yes i can this custom build optimized version I'm using
theme3.png

Can include all soundtracks game art etc..movies

Nes custom bin made loads this game now

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:49 pm

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:...redream new devbuild works it perfect if that helps...

sadly not, my crappy laptop doesn't match the min redream hw requests lol

Hmm might be able to build non double buffer version works on nulldc dont know what the speed would be of can give it a try just for testing

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#14 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:31 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:...redream new devbuild works it perfect if that helps...

sadly not, my crappy laptop doesn't match the min redream hw requests lol

Hmm might be able to build non double buffer version works on nulldc dont know what the speed would be of can give it a try just for testing

oh man, that would be amazing, also to complete the Amiga gameset on DC :)

does it is the double buffer which cause the ugly way that NullDC displays the uae4all screen ?
i mean splitted in two, with the writings impossible to be readed ?

iirc the alpha release of this emulator displays normally on NullDC, but graphically was little different, like early Dcastaway releases, or Snes4all

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#15 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:40 pm

Yes thats why it's like that using SDL HW double buffer simple flag change to stop that when rebuilding

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#16 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:50 pm

with some emulators with similar effect, i reached to avoid this display issue enabling the old Chankast plugin lol,
sadly not with uae4all

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:23 pm

kremiso wrote:with some emulators with similar effect, i reached to avoid this display issue enabling the old Chankast plugin lol,
sadly not with uae4all

well good and bad news it fixes the video but no games load on it but the same build works loads games on demu.. the dang virtual keyboard is fliping thru keys lol Please normal user dont use this the virtual keyboard bug makes it pull to the left..

Uae4all[NoDB nulldc].rar
(832.47 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
not much use but video works in nulldc games dont insert the disk some how yet same build works on hardware and all other emulators..

start i guess like to make a version you can test with as you can see rc3 and loads up on nulldc

Controls are messed up in game as well sure i can work it out got to do with SDL main thing is building and working

Warning this not for use do not burn or think this is normal was only to show the double buffer problem in nulldc

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:44 am

now with sidplay :) about 51.000 tunes of the best chip music
sidplay.png

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#19 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:21 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Example of using the new custom version of Josh's dcmc media center
amiga5002.png
amiga500.png

I can compile uae4all rc3 as well make custom builds now

That looks very Gnarly , What does the chess board with the players look like ?

I expect the graphics to be different regardless anyway.

The Wolfenstein port I been playing is cooler then the DOS I remember from like 30 years ago :lol:

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#20 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:56 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
kremiso wrote:with some emulators with similar effect, i reached to avoid this display issue enabling the old Chankast plugin lol,
sadly not with uae4all

well good and bad news it fixes the video but no games load on it but the same build works loads games on demu.. the dang virtual keyboard is fliping thru keys lol Please normal user dont use this the virtual keyboard bug makes it pull to the left..

Uae4all[NoDB nulldc].rar not much use but video works in nulldc games dont insert the disk some how yet same build works on hardware and all other emulators..

start i guess like to make a version you can test with as you can see rc3 and loads up on nulldc

Controls are messed up in game as well sure i can work it out got to do with SDL main thing is building and working

Warning this not for use do not burn or think this is normal was only to show the double buffer problem in nulldc

so fast, thank you :)
got your warnings lol, i'll give it a full inspection this afternoon/night, i'm not at home atm
amazing that you are trying to manage ALSO this