Dead or Alive 2 Ver. Millennium Ult.

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Dead or Alive 2 Ver. Millennium Ult.

Post#1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:01 pm

While the XBX release of DoA2 Ultimate is considered by many as the best version of the game, I still favor the original NAOMI/Dreamcast release of the game. What I do concede to tho, is the former having the superior OST. Thanks to ShindouGo, I can now have the best of both worlds on my Dreamcast. DoA2:VMU replaces the original OST character tracks with DoA2 Ultimate's OST remix tracks. It also restores the NAOMI arcade intro theme from DoA2 Millennium.

A huge thanks and much gratitude to ShindouGo for taking the time to work on this for me. You are absolutely awesome.

It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Re: Dead or Alive 2 Ver. Millennium Ult.

Post#2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:33 pm

I made it with pleasure CD AGES and in addition the result is great :)
I want to point out that I worked on the cracked version of DoA2 JP LE from YZB because to remove this fu..ing dummy file, I would have needed knowledge in reverse engineering that I did not have. Thanks to him ;)

here is the link :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i9okbs4mzgwzjnm/Dead+or+Alive+2+Ver.+Millennium+Ultimate.7z/file

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:44 pm

DOA2 doesn't read quickly enough ala CD-R

I don't get it ={ One of my first buys the Limited obviously (still character roster seems lacking to me.. n the non-Limited vs Limited seems to have released the same day according to GameFAQs)

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#4 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:53 pm

CD AGES confirms it to you but the Youtube videos that you can see are from the version of the game burned on CDR. I don't see any slowdowns in the video ?
The only slowness is in the wait time to load the next fight.

Edit : Let's not forget that YZB always optimizes the games they offer ;)
And moreover I added a dummy file to push the data towards the end of the CDR ;)