Looking for c# dev to fix issues with GDEMU_SD tool

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Re: Looking for c# dev to fix issues with GDEMU_SD tool

Post#11 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:50 pm

I can only vouch for Propeller Arena in particular having broken my list before. I'm not sure what it is about name.txt but one cannot simply make one for a game that's missing that file. It might be how it's encoded.

Honestly, while Madsheep's tool is a bit of a spank, I'd prefer a more optimized GDmenu that stores the gamelist in a TXT file on root. It'd also be neat to see that support individual folders. I'd prefer the idea of storing games in genre-specific folders, but I'm sure people would also like slapping games into letter trees. Maybe it works already, but I'm not interested in breaking my menu to see.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:44 pm

Not possible on GDEMU, no way to have file directories due to how it was made. If he created the device with that in mind it could maybe be possible but as of now no way. He created a pretty simple directory format.

My dream is subdirectories for Retail, Emulators and Homebrew, and possibly also Indie games. I got my OG Xbox set up like that and love it. But alas, we have to stick to customizing multiple SD cards and swapping them depending on what mood we are in. Not something I have the biggest problem with accepting how things are currently.

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#13 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:06 am

stry8993 wrote:Don't know if you've heard of Ugly GDEmu Games Manager, but, the most recent effort on it was posted 2 hours ago, as of my post, so, theyr'e still working on it https://github.com/Louhike/Ugly-GDEmu-Games-Manager seems promising, and I'm sure they could use more help on it.

Thanks for sharing! Is there a pre-compiled binary link somewhere in that README that I'm missing?
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

stry8993
lithium

Post#14 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:46 pm

ateam wrote:
stry8993 wrote:Don't know if you've heard of Ugly GDEmu Games Manager, but, the most recent effort on it was posted 2 hours ago, as of my post, so, theyr'e still working on it https://github.com/Louhike/Ugly-GDEmu-Games-Manager seems promising, and I'm sure they could use more help on it.

Thanks for sharing! Is there a pre-compiled binary link somewhere in that README that I'm missing?

Not yet, I don't think, I think its just in testing right now.

Louhike
shadow

Post#15 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:58 am

Hey, I'm the developer of UGGM. They are actually binaries available at: https://github.com/Louhike/Ugly-GDEmu-G ... r/releases.
Sorry for not making it obvious, I've added the link in the README.
There are several limitations with it as for now:
* It does not work with CDI, only GDI.
* It works only on Windows
* The UI is still rough

I'd be happy to have help or feedback. If you want help on how to use it, I can help.