Arcade Racing Legends Review! First footage of final version.

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Arcade Racing Legends Review! First footage of final version.

Post#151 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:05 pm

+ useless tacometer why lolll

the1ross
undertow

Post#152 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:39 am

Another glowing review from a Youtuber:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkq4KNKlV5E

qupe75
photon blast

Post#153 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:54 am

the1ross wrote:Another glowing review from a Youtuber:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkq4KNKlV5E

Both copies were free.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#154 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:21 am

Yeah Adam Koralik with his 24fps capture of the game and says look it runs smooth.. Says there been no releases this year .. Really.. Been many new homebrew projects one of the biggest years since ever really.. not talking about the arcade conversions/ports

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#155 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:29 pm

I think he means Indie releases. People confuse Indie and Homebrew all the time. There is a big difference between the two though. But I absolutely get why people confuse the both. As far as Indie releases we didn't get much this year.

Also, he is not into homebrew at all. As far as homebrew, I would argue this was the best year for Dreamcast hands down! Corona time has been both a blessing and a curse, a double edged sword if you will. On the one hand, it has been GREAT for homebrew not only for Dreamcast, but other consoles and PC too.

Hell, my modding project recreating Battlefield 1942 in HD in the Battlefield 2 engine called Battlefield 1944 has also seen the most development ever and we have developed it since 3 months before Battlefield 5 was announced and still not released it yet. Will been 3 years in January next month since my team started work on it.

I hate making a shameless plug for my mod, but here is the very first gameplay footage of it if anybody is interested in a more historically accurate WW2 Battlefield game in HD than BF5 was. Still not released though.

I am thinking of releasing mods for Dreamcast games, like maybe texture and soundtrack mods for Sega GT. Not to mention eventually Half-Life mods as well.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#156 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:55 pm

Well In the past neogeo emulator release he has called indie releases.. I mean if you sell homebrew seems to be called indie with youtubers if you give it away it dont count.. Not sure about what he thinks Which is which.. There the same to me one you pay for one is by people like my self which is free .. Were still all Independent developers which is what indie release stands for..

ELJarrodo
shadow

Post#157 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:13 am

I do have a serious problem with Adam claiming he wasn't aware of any bugs or that cars ran on preprogrammed routes. His gameplay capture clearly shows cars following along a programmed path. I know he got it for free but at least pay some attention to the game.
Given what I've read and seen of the game it's pretty disappointing what the final product is. The game looks fine but its obvious to me at least not much effort was put into refining the gameplay

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#158 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:32 am

I ordered it over a month ago. Have not received anything yet.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#159 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:33 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Well In the past neogeo emulator release he has called indie releases..

Ah I see what you mean. Well those Neo Geo CD "Ports" are not really Indie in the true sense of the word but I get it why he classified it as one considering it comes from an Indie publisher. But you do have a good point. Of course homebrew and Indie devs are truly one in the same, nobody can deny that or separate you from that. But I just thought it was widely accepted that if something was sold it was considered "Indie" in the sense that it is really not the same as free homebrew in the strict sense that you have to pay for it. That is really all I meant by it.

I do not mean to diminish the accomplishments made by homebrew developers, you know damned well I love homebrew and the community behind it as you guys keep the community alive and kicking. If not for folks like you and mrneo240, Megavolt or yzb the community would be WAY less richer with content. When Theisozone went down I was crushed and disheartened that all those over 10 years of Dreamcast homebrew games accumulated there were lost. But there were archiver heroes in the community who backed it all up for us. I got everything those guys shared on a personal 1tb HDD, plus over 1.5tb of content Deluxux shared with me on a 2TB HDD. I could care less about backing up the retail games since those will obviously always be available. Homebrew we have to cherish.

I care way more about homebrew stuff than retail games. Sure I love the retail and Indie releases, but the true heart of the Dreamcast community lies with the homebrew stuff guys like you release. People like you keep it alive and interesting. It always will be that way. ;)

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#160 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:49 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Yeah Adam Koralik with his 24fps capture of the game and says look it runs smooth.. Says there been no releases this year .. Really.. Been many new homebrew projects one of the biggest years since ever really.. not talking about the arcade conversions/ports

I've never found him very informative. He's like the Metal Jesus Rocks of the Dreamcast community. I think he gets a pass from so many because he was one of the first people on YouTube to dedicate so much to the Dreamcast. It only took me watching a few of his videos years ago to not want to see his Grizzly Adam's face again.