Arcade Racing Legends Review! First footage of final version.

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

qupe75
photon blast

Re: Arcade Racing Legends Review! First footage of final version.

Post#91 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:48 am

fafadou wrote:
sgmx wrote:
fafadou wrote:Dreamcast has some dlc ;-)
But I'm agree there will be nothing more to come.

What you call DLC is some extra things downloadable for VMU, but Would you download game fixes in VMU ? Lol

I don't see any other way...
Except the cdi but not comfortable. Do you suggest an other idea ?

I found another bug, the best time in career it's not the best time of your actually race but the best time of all career mode...
My save was delete, in career one time. Now in order to be sure, I save in options, don't trust the autosave ^^

And my first save I completed career mode but couldn't access arcade mode bar the track I'd unlocked so I had to restart. Every track in that save defaulted to the same best lap time of 48 seconds.

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#92 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:54 am

[/quote]Is the duel mode fine in that build too?

Do you think they possibly burnt the wrong build on the cd's?[/quote]

I mean, it's possible? I will play back a couple of the builds I have a see if I can win as the 2 player .
https://youtu.be/XcyBq8vZ3Yg <----- Dreamcast gameplay videos

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#93 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:00 am

I have not tested sure the build i have is much older then yours..

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#94 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:20 am

This is really weird guys! I'm one of the beta testers. But the version I have, there is no option for multiplayer and rumble pack at all. They probably added more stuff later in the process! I'm still waiting for my retail version to get here.
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#95 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:21 am

qupe75 wrote: the same best lap time of 48 seconds.

Well done I'm about 50 seconds ;-)

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#96 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:53 am

What the hell is going on here!? It sounds like there are multiple versions out there at various stages of completion?

Speaking to the low number of Kickstarter backers, I wonder if people just didn't have faith in JoshProd to back this game. I didn't. My constant point of how JoshProd handles port releases and pricing might be biting them in the ass here, and my theory isn't completely unfounded given the state (multiple states?) of 'Arcade Racing Legends.' They push out products to take advantage of the DC community, and the DC community didn't respond with the Kickstarter and their fears are proving mostly true with this game.

I want to make clear I seriously considered both backing 'Arcade Racing Legends' then purchasing after it went up for regular sale, even as early as this week as people were getting their copies and providing their impressions. But, in my opinion, until JoshProd stops with the rushed work, they've lost all my trust and respect.

This feels like Hucast in so many ways.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#97 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:24 am

Yeah I notice that few people post on kickstarter too.

But we are talking about beta version for a short panel of testers. And as @Neosnk says there were not rumble option or dual mode.
It's only for the official release. They must test all of that...

spoonrage
rebel

Post#98 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:19 pm

If i paid for this game i'd think i was robbed, game sounds incomplete at best judging by comments on here.. bless you poor souls who have purchased it..

qupe75
photon blast

Post#99 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:37 pm

fafadou wrote:Yeah I notice that few people post on kickstarter too.

But we are talking about beta version for a short panel of testers. And as @Neosnk says there were not rumble option or dual mode.
It's only for the official release. They must test all of that...

There are a couple on here who were build testers. One of the test builds has vibration support and it works and has the 2 player mode (not sure if the same issue is in Duel mode as our kickstarter copies tho or if they have sound for the 2nd car - doubt it as JoshProd on twitter said normal no sound for 2nd car!!!!).

On the kickstarter page they've just ignored my comment and responded to Wombat - I hope they sort his issue. I'd love more who have it to test and see if they have the same issues and report them. I'm not really impressed by them.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#100 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:41 pm

Just a guess but if there's no sound on the 2nd car and there using homebrew adx format like the stream driver in DCMC.. It cant do more then 1 stream at time.. as the laser cant be in 2 places at once..
Which if he says normal would match up .. normal for that driver to only allow 1 stream at a time..

This dont mean this is a good they should worked around it ..