Man this thread got crazy quick lol

Keep doing your thing Megavolt85

RetrOrigin
rebel

Re: Metal Slug 6

Post#182 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:49 pm

RealGaea wrote:
dxen1 wrote:Great, but a observation..

rapid fire should be an option, not how the game is meant to be played.. And 3 lives and 4 continues. You also get a machine gun everytime you use another continue which is part of the gameplay too.

But the choice to have autofire, max lives and continues would be good too.
All the same, thank you so much for bringing this to the DC.

Remember: Easy Mode uses Heavy Machinegun (Powered H for Fio) as a default weapon. I'm fine with Free Play, but not 15 lives.

With the Blood Code solved, can you show the hex codes to turn Auto Fire OFF.

Requesting (again) a more confortable button layout (inspired mostly by the PSP default):

X: Shoot
A: Jump
B: Bomb
Y: Switch Weapon
R: Special Attack
L: Debug Menu (when Paused)

START: Pause/Unpause

Hey, I made a video explaining how to re-assign button bindings.
I also uploaded a config file with a button configuration pretty close to what you're requesting.
Hope that helps:

My Youtube channels:
RetrOrigin (English channel):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0PXN ... d7dDD-_GjQ
PolyXtation (Spanish channel):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKKbD8 ... nC5lwJCDAQ

Lembow26
rebel

Post#183 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:52 pm

RetrOrigin wrote:
Lembow26 wrote:"Just use that system exclusively for the Atomiswave games"... no, i wont :) i can see why people would do that, but i stay with the og stuff. If the og cant run the new games, than it stays a modders thing - simple facts. There is nothing wrong about it. Enjoy the new stuff on your gdemu dude. But its more of a curiousity thing at the moment. If cdi support should be done, then we have the sensation.

Your argumentation is like "oh the mercedes benz year 2000 a-class with its 1.8 litre engine is able to reach 280km/ h! ... if u change this and that in deep." So its cool for the a-class tuners, but not for the og users, who keep things clean ;) and they are (gladly) still the majority of people.

LOL this whole OG crap sounds so pretentious and ridiculous.
1st of all, this game was not originally intended to be played on Dreamcast.
Your so called OG console was NEVER intended to run burnt discs (specially NOT of the unlicensed variety)

Since you want to run a modded game, then there's absolutely nothing wrong about doing it on a modded system.
Either that or be true to your supposed OG claims and get OG Atomiswave hardware and run the game as OriGinally intended.
And please don't come back saying something like "Atomiswave is basically a Dreamcast" because as far as I and everyone else knows, Dreamcast is NOT a cartridge based console.

Lastly, your claim about the supposed majority of people keeping their stuff stock has no validity. Most people do want to mod their consoles but they'll rather spend the money somewhere else or can't afford the mods.

I talked about og hardware. Just stay calm. U want to mod ur system? Fine, nice :) is it original after u mod it? No. Again -hardware.

fabio14789
lithium

Post#184 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:07 pm

Obrigado pelo lançamento. melhor noticia do ano.

seadart
lithium

Post#185 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:15 pm

socksfelloff wrote:Awesome release! I just played it to completion on an official GDEMU.

For those with one you need to add "image_tests=0" in your gdemu.ini

Thanks for the info and wished I saw this post earlier. Metal Slug 6 runs well now on my gdemu. Putting my two cents in the original hardware only vs modded hardware argument. You can have both, I got a gdemu modded and stock Dreamcast with a solid collection of official discs. In fact I recommend fans of retro consoles to learn about modding just to learn how to preserve their hardware such as replacing capacitors, changing thermal paste, etc. Some modded consoles such as replacing the Dreamcast clock battery with a rechargeable one are done to keep or make it easier for the original hardware function even after a part becomes broken since nothing lasts forever without care.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#186 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:00 am

megavolt85 wrote:the code of atomiswave games is built on more new compilers and is well optimized, there is no place to add your own functions and 25 blocks to save one game is a great luxury

Thanks for getting into this. Too bad this is not possible would have loved to keep the high scores saved. Then again this is totally understandable, even with original arcade hardware the moment you swap games you lose your high scores. The fact that you managed to get Atomiswave running on Dreamcast at all will never stop to amaze me. Keep up the great work, thanks to the likes of you, the Dreamcast really does not stop thinking!

RetrOrigin wrote:Hey, I made a video explaining how to re-assign button bindings.

Great explanation video, thanks for that!

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#187 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:06 am

megavolt you crazy son of a bitch you outdid yourself..
excellent work bro.
:)

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#188 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:41 am

Some of you are clearly off topic here !
Please create a new topic for talking about original and optimise hardware.

Here we are talking about metal slug 6, and wonderfull work by @megavolt85.
Some good informations are drown in other debate.

Thanks to @RetrOrigin and @socksfelloff for sharing good video and informations here.
I'm not able to play this game and @dubcity probably due to that :
"socksfelloff wrote:
Awesome release! I just played it to completion on an official GDEMU.
For those with one you need to add "image_tests=0" in your gdemu.ini"

I'm trying it ! :-)

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#189 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:50 am

@Megavolt85
I want to know if you can provide a link or some information about the original rom game you took to make the changes on MS6, so we can compare it with your first release for dreamcast and with that we can get an idea of ​​what is the difference between the two machines, as a template for the other games and help you.

sofakng
noob

Post#190 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:23 am

Can anybody explain the two links in the OP?

I see a [DOWNLOAD] link, but then a separate link says [track04] with widescreen.

If I want to play Metal Slug 6 in widescreen, do I combine the downloads? (ie. overwrite track04.iso in the main download link with the one in the second link?)

I thought track04 was just an audio track?