shadow

Re: Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden

Post#11 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:10 pm

Amazing

killbot80k
fire

Post#12 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:30 pm

These ports are amazing!! Super excited to have Atomiswave on the DC! It has a small but absolutely amazing library. One of my favorite arcade platforms for sure. Makes me wish I wasn't in the middle of moving so my DC wasn't in storage lol.

Just a couple of questions for you,
First, do you know if there is a way that you can change the control configurations for Samurai Spirits? This game doesn't seem to have it in the test menu.

Second, Do you take donations? These ports are so good that I feel like I owe you something for them. :D

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#13 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:09 pm

you're moving fast with these now

Ardiloso
rebel

Post#14 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:14 pm

Damn, it's impossible to remap through arcade rom like KoF and Metal Slug 6. Thank god I have a saturn control pad adapter so it's playable at least (L,M,H on ABC, kick on X and Special on Y).

megavolt85
Developer

Post#15 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:53 pm

soniccd123 wrote:Are you planning to document and share this is done and how these games work?

in 2002, sega was on the verge of bankruptcy, they had to stop releasing dreamcast
but the contracts for the supply of chips were concluded and the Sega would have to pay a forfeit, so in the shortest possible time the Dreamcast was converted to Atomiswave
there was no time to create a new SDK, so the Katana SDK was taken in which the GDFS library was replaced with G1ROMFS, the Flashrom library was replaced with SramUtl, the Coin library was added
the conversion was done in a very short time, the SDK did not even remove the debug text "Dreamcast", in other words, all these games work natively on the Dreamcast, all the magic of the transfer is to find and fix the above libraries, but this requires knowledge of the console hardware, SH4 assembler and good disassembler

killbot80k wrote:First, do you know if there is a way that you can change the control configurations for Samurai Spirits?

yes, you can change control in DEMUL and import sram to image

killbot80k wrote:Do you take donations?

https://vk.com/dreamrare?w=app6471849_-189768890

Hart2Hart
noob

Post#16 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:56 pm

MegaVolt85, you are a machine. Thank you. Keep them coming!

ElMeteK
shadow

Post#17 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Hokuto no ken, dolphin blue ... i'm already salivating...

Wesker
dark night

Post#18 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:09 pm

Holy! Another release! Thanks once again. I wasn't expecthing this so soon. Thought it would be one per week, not one per day. :lol:

I see the trend is SNK Playmore games first. Given what you said in The King of Fighters XI thread about the mappers, and that there are three games remaining with this mapper type 2, I have the feeling the next games will be Dolphin Blue, NeoGeo Battle Coliseum and The King of Fighters Neowave, not necessarily in that order.

One question. Do you know if the Hokuto No Ken fighting game by Arc System Works/Sega follows the mapper type 1? That's the one I'm awaiting the most by far.

EDIT: Just read in The King of Fighters XI thread that The King of Fighters Neowave is actually a mapper type 1 game. Well, at least I nailed NeoGeo Battle Coliseum :lol: . That's going to be for sure one of the next ones. I wonder about Dolphin Blue and/or the other mapper type 2 games though.

Skeeter
noob

Post#19 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:13 pm

Just signed on to say thanks to megavolt85. So thank you for this, the others you've released (MS6 is a favorite), and anything you have coming in the future. Thank you.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#20 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:38 pm

Thank you! Another hit!, No need to suggest you a next one but "Neo Geo Battle Coliseum" and "Ranger Mission" are one of the best Atomiswave games
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-