The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Post#111 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:38 am

Atomiswave Neogeo Battle Coliseum DCMC 2 Retrodream Serial port SD card[HDMI 60FPS] DREAMCAST

set youtube to 720p 60fps Correct settings at time stamp 0:32

There's some stutter between loading nothing much in game is fine some slowdown but it's nothing really to stop you playing well.. And the real game has slow down..

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#112 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:27 pm

Mine finally arrived and I can't get anything going (did download today Dreamshell+loader into root of SD) EDIT: There's a thread with loader v0.7x, they are current? 55 pages too many for me :oops:

I saw there's a few from megavolt with track04.iso for SD, so I do try Maximum Speed without setting and setting from original post here and all bsod

megavolt85
Developer

Post#113 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:54 pm

loader v0.7x only for HDD

isoldr_firmware_v0.6.6.beta.7z
(24.56 KiB) Downloaded 348 times

unpack sd.bin to "/DS/firmware/isoldr/"

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#114 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:22 pm

Cool I saw the v0.6.6 briefly Demolish Fist plays!

Maximum Speed still no ={

megavolt85
Developer

Post#115 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:31 pm

for Maximum Speed use loader adress 8CFE8000 and replace track04.iso to special build "for SD mod.7z"

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#116 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:38 pm

Yey that does it!! I don't know why first page here it's different address and it's not shown in your release thread either

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#117 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:56 pm

Fist Of The North Star/Hokuto No Ken, don't know why but Raoh lots of missing/glitched animation/sprites

0x8cfe0000 -e 8 -a -f I have to key that in every time it saves only then but not on power off/on ={

EDIT: What's the -e 8 -a -f? I used the cfe0000 selection instead game runs and that does store in SD settings although Raoh is still screwed up (first attract mode)

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#118 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:45 pm

Just been reading some of this thread trying to catch up and I see this stuff about the loader address but I'm really rusty on using my sd card adapter.

*EDIT* OK so I watched the video showing this working on the SD CARD and the guy in the video uses an iso loader via the Dreamshell app which I don't seem to have, I downloaded the loader 0.6.6beta file Megavolt suggested but can't "Unpack" the .bin file, is there anymore info about how to do this? Also can anyone clarify what file format the sd card should be formatted to? Is it definitely FAT32 with 64bit allocation?

Can anyone recommend a way to setup the file structure on my SD card? I seem to have mine in a bit of a mess and I can't remember what half the stuff is for or how to work it.... so embarrassing, teach me for being away for so long
Thanks in advance guys :D
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

la-li-lu-le-lo
undertow

Post#119 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:12 am

Hi, I'm a new member, but I've been looking at this thread for a while. I recently got a DC SD serial port adapter, and I've been playing these games. All of them seem to work, however some of them have issues. Some seem to run pretty much perfectly, but some seem to have issues with in-game slowdown. One in particular is Dolphin Blue - the game seems to run okay and doesn't crash, but there's quite a bit of slowdown that I don't think was present originally. Is there any way to fix this slowdown, either in Dolphin Blue or in the other games that have that issue?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#120 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:33 am

Dolphin blue has massive slow down now and then on the real machine..