The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Moderators: VasiliyRS, deluxux

User avatar
la-li-lu-le-lo
rebel
Posts: 16

Re: The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Post#121 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:17 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Dolphin blue has massive slow down now and then on the real machine..


Sure, but it seems to slow down when using the serial port in areas where it didn't slow down on the original machine - at least it appears that way on my system.

Also, I've seen videos of the game running on a GDEMU, and again it doesn't slow down in the same areas that it does when using the serial port.

User avatar
megavolt85
Developer
Posts: 1017

Re: The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Post#122 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:54 am

la-li-lu-le-lo wrote:Also, I've seen videos of the game running on a GDEMU, and again it doesn't slow down in the same areas that it does when using the serial port.


the game slows down with both GDEMU and SD serial and on the original cartridge
just with SD serial slows down more
of course there will be no fixes, it is impossible to speed up the serial port :lol:

User avatar
la-li-lu-le-lo
rebel
Posts: 16

Re: The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Post#123 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:22 am

megavolt85 wrote:
la-li-lu-le-lo wrote:the game slows down with both GDEMU and SD serial and on the original cartridge
just with SD serial slows down more
of course there will be no fixes, it is impossible to speed up the serial port :lol:


I think you're joking, but I'd still like a real answer to my question. Loading the game in a different way, modifying/compressing the game data - would any of that help?

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Developer
Posts: 2984
Contact:

Re: The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Post#124 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:38 am

megavolt85 wrote:
la-li-lu-le-lo wrote:Also, I've seen videos of the game running on a GDEMU, and again it doesn't slow down in the same areas that it does when using the serial port.


the game slows down with both GDEMU and SD serial and on the original cartridge
just with SD serial slows down more
of course there will be no fixes, it is impossible to speed up the serial port :lol:



Indeed :)

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Developer
Posts: 2984
Contact:

Re: The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Post#125 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:40 am

la-li-lu-le-lo wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:
la-li-lu-le-lo wrote:the game slows down with both GDEMU and SD serial and on the original cartridge
just with SD serial slows down more
of course there will be no fixes, it is impossible to speed up the serial port :lol:


I think you're joking, but I'd still like a real answer to my question. Loading the game in a different way, modifying/compressing the game data - would any of that help?


Fix buy a gdemu not going to get better on a 656kb serial port if your not happy buy a $200 mode or $60 gdemu or put up with it for $9 serial port..

You get what you pay for.. what did you pay for the downloads

User avatar
la-li-lu-le-lo
rebel
Posts: 16

Re: The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Post#126 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:33 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Fix buy a gdemu not going to get better on a 656kb serial port if your not happy buy a $200 mode or $60 gdemu or put up with it for $9 serial port..

You get what you pay for.. what did you pay for the downloads


I can live with it if there's no other option - I was just asking a question. The reason I'm using the serial port is mainly about convenience. I mainly play retail games on my DC, so the GDEMU isn't an option in that system. I could install it in my other system if I wanted to, but that would require me to swap out the systems - which, for reasons I won't go into, isn't really ideal with my setup. The serial port adapter allows me to run games off of retail discs and the SD card on the same system. Considering that I'm still likely to play retail discs more than any other format, I think I can live with the shortcomings of this setup. If they made a version of the GDEMU that can coexist with the original drive, then maybe I'd consider getting one.

By the way, I didn't say it before, but I should say this: thanks to megavolt85 and others for getting these games working! Overall I'm actually pretty happy with how they run even on the serial port.

User avatar
megavolt85
Developer
Posts: 1017

Re: The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Post#127 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:13 am

I'm not joking, the game slows down even on atomiswave
if you need high speed and at the same time that the GD-ROM remains in place, then you need a HDD mod

User avatar
la-li-lu-le-lo
rebel
Posts: 16

Re: The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Post#128 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:54 am

megavolt85 wrote:I'm not joking, the game slows down even on atomiswave
if you need high speed and at the same time that the GD-ROM remains in place, then you need a HDD mod


Ok. Here's a related question: what do you think about the long-term chances of being able to get these games to run properly from a disc? It seems like it should be possible, even if it's very difficult. Would the requirements of that be much different from the requirements of the serial port?

User avatar
megavolt85
Developer
Posts: 1017

Re: The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Post#129 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:49 am

la-li-lu-le-lo wrote:Ok. Here's a related question: what do you think about the long-term chances of being able to get these games to run properly from a disc?


from disk it will work even worse
with frequent reading in small portions, the CD is worse than the SD serial mod

User avatar
la-li-lu-le-lo
rebel
Posts: 16

Re: The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Post#130 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:17 am

megavolt85 wrote:from disk it will work even worse
with frequent reading in small portions, the CD is worse than the SD serial mod


That's what I thought. But developers were able to do this, right? I mean with Naomi to DC ports. Modding obviously isn't the same, but maybe with enough time/effort eventually it'll be possible.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Atomiswave Ports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users