Is it possible to get an image for full throttle, or broken sword through scummvm?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderator: VasiliyRS

Dreamcastnews
Anarki
Posts: 97
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to get an image for full throttle, or broken sword through scummvm?

Post#11 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:03 am

I bought a Broken Sword 2 printed CD from a user on Etsy before they got super tight on IP infringement and sadly it wasn't stable whatsoever, it crashed often before getting past the first sequence (getting untied from the chair and out of the burning room) I even tried putting it on my GD Emu which was the same.
Broken Sword 1 seems to work pretty well with minimal voice acting loops occasionally, I even did a video on it here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7zMJdlWEoI&t=6s
https://youtu.be/XcyBq8vZ3Yg <----- Dreamcast gameplay videos

kremiso
Roadster
Posts: 358

Re: Is it possible to get an image for full throttle, or broken sword through scummvm?

Post#12 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:06 am

exawatt wrote:Oh man, thank you very much!
However, the sound was poor also on the original MsDos version (the Pc speaker was struggling LOL)


oh that's for sure :)
what i meant is that using the scumm pc it performs ton miles better
here, check yourself, maybe closing one eye... :lol:

KQ123DC.zip
(5.51 MiB) Downloaded 8 times


EDIT - just don't waste a cd for this, try it on emulators/gdemu lol
Last edited by kremiso on Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

kremiso
Roadster
Posts: 358

Re: Is it possible to get an image for full throttle, or broken sword through scummvm?

Post#13 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:13 am

Dreamcastnews wrote:I bought a Broken Sword 2 printed CD from a user on Etsy before they got super tight on IP infringement and sadly it wasn't stable whatsoever, it crashed often before getting past the first sequence (getting untied from the chair and out of the burning room) I even tried putting it on my GD Emu which was the same.
Broken Sword 1 seems to work pretty well with minimal voice acting loops occasionally, I even did a video on it here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7zMJdlWEoI&t=6s


maybe you can try my release of Broken Sword 2 ?
it's here :
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=13272

i removed all the short jingles/bgm to avoid audio stuttering, game should be much more stable

Dreamcastnews
Anarki
Posts: 97
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to get an image for full throttle, or broken sword through scummvm?

Post#14 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:16 am

Thank you! I will give it a try :D
https://youtu.be/XcyBq8vZ3Yg <----- Dreamcast gameplay videos

kremiso
Roadster
Posts: 358

Re: Is it possible to get an image for full throttle, or broken sword through scummvm?

Post#15 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:30 am

Dreamcastnews wrote:Thank you! I will give it a try :D


if you can share some gamesaves closer to critical points (using ie emulators) i can check for my release too

User avatar
exawatt
rebel
Posts: 24

Re: Is it possible to get an image for full throttle, or broken sword through scummvm?

Post#16 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:41 am

kremiso wrote:
exawatt wrote:Oh man, thank you very much!
However, the sound was poor also on the original MsDos version (the Pc speaker was struggling LOL)


oh that's for sure :)
what i meant is that using the scumm pc it performs ton miles better
here, check yourself, maybe closing one eye... :lol:

KQ123DC.zip

EDIT - just don't waste a cd for this, try it on emulators/gdemu lol


thank you very much sir

I'll love to burn it, really

<3

kremiso
Roadster
Posts: 358

Re: Is it possible to get an image for full throttle, or broken sword through scummvm?

Post#17 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:33 am

exawatt wrote:
kremiso wrote:
exawatt wrote:Oh man, thank you very much!
However, the sound was poor also on the original MsDos version (the Pc speaker was struggling LOL)


oh that's for sure :)
what i meant is that using the scumm pc it performs ton miles better
here, check yourself, maybe closing one eye... :lol:

KQ123DC.zip

EDIT - just don't waste a cd for this, try it on emulators/gdemu lol


thank you very much sir

I'll love to burn it, really

<3


possibly these games should perform little better using uae4alldc emulator
maybe i'll make a quick test too, just for fun :)

gjb1985
drunken sailor
Posts: 165

Re: Is it possible to get an image for full throttle, or broken sword through scummvm?

Post#18 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:52 pm

kremiso wrote:
Dreamcastnews wrote:I bought a Broken Sword 2 printed CD from a user on Etsy before they got super tight on IP infringement and sadly it wasn't stable whatsoever, it crashed often before getting past the first sequence (getting untied from the chair and out of the burning room) I even tried putting it on my GD Emu which was the same.
Broken Sword 1 seems to work pretty well with minimal voice acting loops occasionally, I even did a video on it here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7zMJdlWEoI&t=6s


maybe you can try my release of Broken Sword 2 ?
it's here :
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=13272

i removed all the short jingles/bgm to avoid audio stuttering, game should be much more stable

Dude. thank you for all your content. All of your scummvm stuff works great except broken sword 2. It keeps crashing all the time. Usually after 10 seconds or so. Is there any Remedy? I use a gdemu with pretty large sd cards. 256 gb.

kremiso
Roadster
Posts: 358

Re: Is it possible to get an image for full throttle, or broken sword through scummvm?

Post#19 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:13 pm

gjb1985 wrote:Dude. thank you for all your content. All of your scummvm stuff works great except broken sword 2. It keeps crashing all the time. Usually after 10 seconds or so. Is there any Remedy? I use a gdemu with pretty large sd cards. 256 gb.


many thanks for the test, now im wondering that perhaps on Etsy were selling my release :?
they have done the same also in past :lol:
i havent a gdemu to test myself, but i surely can make other attempts

it works flawless using Demul or NullDC, it should do the same on real hardware (gdrom) too,
other users please let me know if i'm wrong

i'll ask to @fafadou if has tried Broken Sword 2 on his gdemu too
i'll update this...

--- EDIT ---
i sent to you a pm with a test release, let me know please

Dreamcastnews
Anarki
Posts: 97
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to get an image for full throttle, or broken sword through scummvm?

Post#20 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:39 am

Shame really, it is such a great game!
https://youtu.be/XcyBq8vZ3Yg <----- Dreamcast gameplay videos

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users