GDEmu clones, many versions.

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

shano
lithium

Re: GDEmu clones, many versions.

Post#21 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:30 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Sure I will do it now while I am playing the Driver 2 PC port gonna let them sit in attract mode.

Edit: KOFXI lasted a full 45 mins or so in attract mode, but eventually did freeze. Ian says he thinks it has to be a memory leak, and that would make a lot of sense. But why is there one on the DC if the Atomiswave has the same specs? Not sure. But I am testing the other game now and will report back if it crashes.

Double Edit: Ok guys, just tested NGBC, and it indeed froze in attract mode after around 20-25 minutes or so. So indeed something is going on here.

Glad you tested it Anthony! thanks! :) Oh btw do you remember if it locked up on the stage intro transition? And if it is a memory leak I wonder how come correct me if I am wrong but non clone GDEMU users do not seem to have issues? Or even MODE users? Is it because maybe they have not given said games a lengthy run?

Yeah you not being difficult @slivercr it's good that you are asking people to test properly and such cos now we know that it's a more common issue. As i suspected some the guys that thought it was perfect must not of had very long sessions.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#22 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:56 pm

I will do the same tests using serial port sd reader with retro dream and see if i get the same problems/./ locking up or freezing after a length of time most times is a memory leak .. Doubt thats in the code base or the conversion /port

shano
lithium

Post#23 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:11 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:I will do the same tests using serial port sd reader with retro dream and see if i get the same problems/./ locking up or freezing after a length of time most times is a memory leak .. Doubt thats in the code base or the conversion /port

Interesting, well the first time I ever tried KOFXI when it released the first stage locked up haha. But that was on a fairly full SD card so who knows.

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#24 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:10 am

All these games that are freezing have huge sprites on the screen. So, if it is a memory leak maybe we should try to reduce the assets quality?
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

slivercr
core

Post#25 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:26 am

NeoSnk wrote:All these games that are freezing have huge sprites on the screen. So, if it is a memory leak maybe we should try to reduce the assets quality?

I would call that the worst-case scenario fix, hopefully it wont get to that.