DreamArena 3 - New Browser Development

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Infomaniac95
undertow

Re: DreamArena 2.0 - The revolutionary browser

Post#91 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:49 am

It's not much, but look for .PCX files (search the entire dev discs for .pcx files with "*.pcx" (without the quotes, of course). You should be able to Open, View, and Convert them, using a program like XNView MP.

As for why there is a lack of sprite rips, seems like it comes down to lack of interest, and the fact that it's a rather daunting task to go through so much data and roms. Hopefully that can change in due time...

dogman91
noob

Post#92 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:37 am

Is it possible for there to be a zipped archive of all the newly found DLC? The site is looking great!

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#93 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:33 am

dogman91 wrote:Is it possible for there to be a zipped archive of all the newly found DLC? The site is looking great!

I sent it to dreamcastlive over six months ago but they didn't seem particularly enthusiastic about it and didn't update the site, so currently my site is the only one with all the DLC.

I suppose it's possible to create a ZIP archive for upload somewhere, but I won't be adding a link like that to the site because it's designed for the DC specifically (which is why some areas may appear broken on a PC browser - they work fine with real DC hardware).
Sorry I've been AWOL for about six months. Had to focus on a lot of film based stuff - including using XBand in a new short film I'm making (called XBand too).

I am coming back to this site though, drez01 has just informed me the disc image is pretty much ready to go. Just finalising a few bits of the site and then we can officially launch!

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#94 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:07 pm

Roareye wrote:
dogman91 wrote:Is it possible for there to be a zipped archive of all the newly found DLC? The site is looking great!

I sent it to dreamcastlive over six months ago but they didn't seem particularly enthusiastic about it and didn't update the site, so currently my site is the only one with all the DLC.

I suppose it's possible to create a ZIP archive for upload somewhere, but I won't be adding a link like that to the site because it's designed for the DC specifically (which is why some areas may appear broken on a PC browser - they work fine with real DC hardware).
Sorry I've been AWOL for about six months. Had to focus on a lot of film based stuff - including using XBand in a new short film I'm making (called XBand too).

I am coming back to this site though, drez01 has just informed me the disc image is pretty much ready to go. Just finalising a few bits of the site and then we can officially launch!

Can i share/host on http://katana.cyou ?

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#95 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:31 pm

mrneo240 wrote:Can i share/host on http://katana.cyou ?

I'd love for you to share the site itself, absolutely :D
If you mean the DLC then of course. I claim no ownership of the DLC as I am far from any form of programmer. These elements are things that are owned by the community :)

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#96 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:12 am

https://dreampipe.net/Games/rry/retro/xband.html

Rebuilt the XBand interface in HTML now too. I want to tart up the Sega Channel pages (they don't load very well) and then I have to build the Profile pages, then me and Drez01 will do a full launch of Dreamkey 4.0 and DreamArena 3.0!

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Post#97 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:14 pm

A Youtuber has uploaded this promo video showing Dreamarena 2.0 in action. I would guess it was filmed in the latter half of 2000.

My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#98 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:09 pm

rjay63 wrote:A Youtuber has uploaded this promo video showing Dreamarena 2.0 in action. I would guess it was filmed in the latter half of 2000.

That's awesome! Thanks rjay :D There's a few things I learned from that video.

-------------------------------------------------------------

So myself and -drez01- have had something of a breakthrough. Drez's work compiling, editing and putting these browsers together in a new package has been incredible. I'm always stunned as it's a skill well outside of my capabilities.

However I've been hammering away at the web design too. And we worked as a unit this weekend to translate Dream Passport 3 Urban into English. That included me creating new artwork in the style of the original browser and rendering them out into PVRs with the alpha layers. Drez then recompiled them into PVMs and replaced the key files in the browsers (something he'd managed to do before when he replaced the menus with English ones).

Here are a few glimpses of those changes in action on the Japanese browser;
IMG_1651.JPG

IMG_1655.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1657.JPG

I tried to keep the artwork as close to the originals as possible to fit the Urban theme. I'll be doing the same for Dream Passport Premier for you BBA users out there, finally you'll have a usable browser rather than suffering PlanetWeb (if you've only used PW you're in for a wonderful treat). Oh and we added a new title screen logo for our project - DreamArena 3.

Hope you guys like it!

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#99 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:04 am

Has anyone heard of the Sega Dreamcast Wifi Adapter before? I certainly hadn't.

[ SKIN# / DPWWW / HELP / DRIP / PHS ]
In the files of Dream Passport Premier (It's in all SKIN subfolders) is an HTML "Help" file on checking the status of your Wireless Adapter. It has GIF images of the wifi signal strength presumably taken from the browser when a Wireless Adapter is detected, and the other oddity is that the page doesn't follow the visual design of any of the 3 skins. SKIN1 is very blue-themed (Sonic Adventure-esque), SKIN2 is Jigsaw puzzle themed (with text like Samba de Amigo) and SKIN 3 looks a bit like dominoes.

wirelesshelp.png

This doesn't fit any of the three themes. However it is the theme from Dream Passport 3 Urban (and it's the only page in the files in this theme), however it does not appear on the Urban browser disc at all. Even the folder is missing. It doesn't appear that any help pages link to it in Premier either, however I haven't tested the software extensively yet. It may be linked to from within a Settings menu.

Can anyone shed any light on this mysterious Wireless Adapter?

ticky
shadow

Post#100 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:19 pm

From the looks of those icons it seems like this is probably for connecting to a mobile phone, not Wi-Fi. I wouldn't be surprised if there was supposed to be a link cable for this like the PlayStation got for "iMODE Mo Issho".