(DreamBOR) [Dreamshell CDR-SD] All games Complete-able to end with videos unpacks fixs for cdr and dreamshell [WIP]

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

rocksscotty
lithium

Re: (DreamBOR) [Dreamshell CDR-SD] All games Complete-able to end with videos unpacks fixs for cdr and dreamshell [WIP]

Post#31 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:29 am

The 3 games that I would kill for to be optimized and put in cdi format would be.
1. He man
2. Mortal Kombat outworld assassins
3. Mortal Kombat Adventure
Now I know there is a compilation that has been posted on a thread with like a mortal Kombat fmv intro and everything but those games have crazy load times. I waited about 5 minutes for Mortal Kombat adventure which is fine. But to play outworld assassins it took exactly 21 minutes to boot the game and then each level took about 5 minutes to load making the game pretty much unplayable but I commend them for their efforts and also realize this was running on a very old engine

rocksscotty
lithium

Re: (DreamBOR) [Dreamshell CDR-SD] All games Complete-able to end with videos unpacks fixs for cdr and dreamshell [WIP]

Post#32 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:31 am

Also was very disappointed when I downloaded the gunstar heroes bor and the cdi didn’t boot

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#33 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:46 am

rocksscotty wrote:The 3 games that I would kill for to be optimized and put in cdi format would be.
1. He man
2. Mortal Kombat outworld assassins
3. Mortal Kombat Adventure
Now I know there is a compilation that has been posted on a thread with like a mortal Kombat fmv intro and everything but those games have crazy load times. I waited about 5 minutes for Mortal Kombat adventure which is fine. But to play outworld assassins it took exactly 21 minutes to boot the game and then each level took about 5 minutes to load making the game pretty much unplayable but I commend them for their efforts and also realize this was running on a very old engine

rocksscotty wrote:Also was very disappointed when I downloaded the gunstar heroes bor and the cdi didn’t boot

Homebrews including Dreambor can be autoboot if the bootdreams program is used to create the CDI.

You are right, the games MUST be unpacked in their data folder to avoid those horrible loading times and in fact there is a newer dreambor version that can even save to vmu here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11829

You can help to optimize the he man game, there are LOTS of text files in it that need proper spawn coords acording to the downgrade.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14141

RoMagnusLarsson
dark night

Post#34 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:48 am

rocksscotty wrote:Also was very disappointed when I downloaded the gunstar heroes bor and the cdi didn’t boot

If you downloaded Dreamshell HDD-SD version in ISO file it has the 1st_read.bin file hex code changed for IDE

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#35 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:37 am

I have loading times to under a min now i have a topic where i repack and have proper loading games

dont download older releases

rocksscotty
lithium

Post#36 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:38 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:

I have loading times to under a min now i have a topic where i repack and have proper loading games

dont download older releases

You said that you have a topic on how to repack them. I would love to learn how to convert and optimize beats of rage games. Alot of them run poorly on cdi. Do you have a tutorial at all on how to do this thanks.