He- Man & She- Ra

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

lalo1982
shadow

He- Man & She- Ra

Post#1 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:52 am

Can the openbor game HE- MAN & SHE-RA be ported to dreamcast??

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Re: He- Man & She- Ra

Post#2 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:27 pm

If it exists it could. Have the link?
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

lalo1982
shadow

Post#3 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:32 am

lalo1982
shadow

Post#4 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:59 am

It's actually called "He Man and the Masters of the Universe"... not to be mistaken for "Masters of the Universe" (alone). They are two totally different games.

Huntern0rt
noob

Post#5 » Thu May 27, 2021 12:23 pm

I want this like a fat man needs cake

Prukogui
lithium

Post#6 » Thu May 27, 2021 1:18 pm

Huntern0rt wrote:I want this like a fat man needs cake

+1

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Thu May 27, 2021 1:29 pm

lalo1982 wrote:Can the openbor game HE- MAN & SHE-RA be ported to dreamcast??

every file needs to be downsized to 320x240 every background script and sprite every thing has to be converted to 8bit pal wm movies need to be removed the music need to be converted to bor. then it will work 1/2 months work 4 to 5 hours a day..

even at min $10 an hour for me to convert this game you looking at over $200 just for openbor game just not worth my time right now..

nothing stopping it from working but 900rex images cant work on dreamcast 32bit pal can work too slow uses to much memory..

every file in the game need to be open by hand and converted there is 1600+ files that's not even the scripts music and play testing..

can you do it yes i did it to 3 games so far.

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#8 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:01 am

The music already is in .bor, there are no hard scripts and the game overall is well optimized by bWWd.

In my attempting to run this game on DC, my current progress is:
+Able to reduce every image and animation in half.
+Enabled only to choose heman and shera for now.

The current memmory consumption start in 20mb, i tested it on a real psp and the game is able to run and is playable at a rare 320x240 widescreen on 32bits.

Left to do:
-Edit every model to optimize the loading times.
-Edit every stage to divide in half every spawn coords for all the models.
-Edit every stage to reduce memory consuption by enable the unload on all the models on said stages.

I really want the game to be playable in both , DC and psp but at this point i dont have the time to edit all those text files, so if any want to contribute or do the task i can privide the reduced copy i make to continue the work.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:40 am

Dakangel wrote:The music already is in .bor, there are no hard scripts and the game overall is well optimized by bWWd.

In my attempting to run this game on DC, my current progress is:
+Able to reduce every image and animation in half.
+Enabled only to choose heman and shera for now.

The current memmory consumption start in 20mb, i tested it on a real psp and the game is able to run and is playable at a rare 320x240 widescreen on 32bits.

Left to do:
-Edit every model to optimize the loading times.
-Edit every stage to divide in half every spawn coords for all the models.
-Edit every stage to reduce memory consuption by enable the unload on all the models on said stages.

I really want the game to be playable in both , DC and psp but at this point i dont have the time to edit all those text files, so if any want to contribute or do the task i can privide the reduced copy i make to continue the work.

If you convert to 8bit pal talking custom to match each image so it does not degrade most sprites and images dont use all the colors.. eveyr set of colours uses more memory and more time to convert meaning 1- to 15 max looking like junk//

First up you have 13mb of ram max for a game the engine uses 2mb plus just to boot plus the size of the bin file .. Unload will not work end stage does but it will not free any sprites or background that you later use in the game.. this not bug it's how the engine works it's a scripting once the script is loaded for each level that's it .. watch on pc i did whole thing about this.. only time memory is free is when you complete a stage.. unload command is later bor engine feature that again does not really work cant free a model that is used later in a level ever..

here's what 1 months work looks like converted ever file from 16 bit pal to custom 8 now not 15 fps but 60fps and all char's and all stages and 4 players at once no crashing no memory problems complete from start to end..
before it ran at 15fps max crashed out of ram on the 3rd stage this has not only all stages but my own remix stage

And as you might of seen by looking into this Not got the time to do games to this standard polish it's pretty much a gold standard.

convert to 8 bit custom pal you will not even tell the change from 32bit the 32bit pal rendering i put in dreambor uses more then double the ram in 32bit pal mode 16 bit pal mode uses double of the 8.. if you not check the 32 bit pal and 16 bit games i converted before they run 60fps..

32bit pal can not run past 13 fps 16 bit can not run past 15 fps ..

No point using them other then a visual novel

I ported the rendering from the new openbor to use these features.. in the end like the team said the dreamcast cant handle them

If done right you cant tell the change anyways.. You do have to mod the script as it calls webm video and it crashes on dc when it does this..

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#10 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:23 am

I got a problem even with 8bit pal, dont know what is it and a crash loop reseting the game over and over.
I'm testing using nulldc and the log says is due a script "getplayerproperty" related "releasekeys" not being suported in dreambor.

+Every single image for characters ,stages, backgrounds and common fx are already in a global 128 color 8bit palette.
+Sound already were in mono by bwwd.
+Music already were in .bor by bwwd.
+Already disabled the webm videos to avoid crashes.

-If any want to continue this port by editing ALL the text files i left a copy of the game here.
-Remember that EVERY spawn coord in all the stages but the main map need to be reduced to HALF.
-Every hole and wall need to be reduced in half.
-Entities texts models NEED retouch to halve their properties and optimize them.

This game is barely playable in current state, you are warned.

Heman&Shera MOTU DC

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”