RetroDream V3 Released!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: RetroDream V3 Released!

Post#11 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:23 am

zychion wrote:Just in case anyone else is trying, I don't think you can run Retrodream from an SD card while having your games stored on a IDE HDD anymore. I think it all has to be from the IDE.

You can. That's what I do.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#12 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:30 am

zychion wrote:Just in case anyone else is trying, I don't think you can run Retrodream from an SD card while having your games stored on a IDE HDD anymore. I think it all has to be from the IDE.

I'm using an old RetroDream via an SD card with Atomiswave games on the SD card as well, so guessing I can't get this version to work via SD card then :( as don't have IDE HDD
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

zychion
rebel

Post#13 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:39 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:

You can. That's what I do.

Yep. Just began running the scrapper and found that the scrapper was only pulling PNG format for covers. I think my config files are still working. And every time I start it up the first time with no config file, it crashes. The second time onwards is fine.
Also, do you know why the scrapped files are coming up small in the UI? Do I have to shrink them back to a normal size?
Last edited by zychion on Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

zychion
rebel

Post#14 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:40 am

DreamcastUK wrote:

I'm using an old RetroDream via an SD card with Atomiswave games on the SD card as well, so guessing I can't get this version to work via SD card then :( as don't have IDE HDD

I imagine it will work if everything is on your SD. It was just the mixture of SD and IDE that I'm having little dramas with and I'm starting to think they may just be me.

breade
noob

Post#15 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:31 am

A lot of the new users don't know what RetroDream is (including me!). Could you explain what it is (and I bet a lot of people like me would find it really useful if you included the basic explanation as an edit in the first post of the thread!

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#16 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:12 pm

breade wrote:A lot of the new users don't know what RetroDream is (including me!). Could you explain what it is (and I bet a lot of people like me would find it really useful if you included the basic explanation as an edit in the first post of the thread!

It is a game loader for those who use the operating system Dreamshell SD/HDD IDE (created by DC-SWAT). The original loader is ISO loader (crested by megavolt85) and this is another option for running the games. Take a look at this video a mate shows how to use it. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12583
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#17 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:24 pm

zychion wrote:
DreamcastUK wrote:

I imagine it will work if everything is on your SD. It was just the mixture of SD and IDE that I'm having little dramas with and I'm starting to think they may just be me.

RetroDream must be copied in the same place as the games folder is.
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#18 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:54 am

Thanks will give it a try
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

RoMagnusLarsson
dark night

Post#19 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:15 pm

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#20 » Wed May 04, 2022 11:41 am

Updated post with RD v3 Video Snaps (roq) (+4Gb), not all games, we need the rest
Last edited by Ro Magnus Larsson on Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-