openMenu Alpha 1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: openMenu Alpha 1

Post#321 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:48 pm

mrneo240 wrote:At most I could see a main and a custom dat but ideally whoever would be interested in making a custom one would submit info back to the main source.
That way it can benefit everyone and everyone is using an agreed upon serial for it.

Currently in the spreadsheet there is:
Official usa (complete)
Official pal (complete)
Official jap (80/652)
Atomiswave (complete)
Unlicensed/homebrew/unreleased/translation (2/∞)

This case -- Unlicensed/homebrew/unreleased/translation (2/∞) -- a CRC check (maybe just the first and last blocks) could be used as an identifier, along with a table, instead of agreed upon serials. Assumes their is an app created for a user DAT.

A User created DAT can easily be shared by the user, if desired.

Some ambitious soul could create a doozy, but a tool must be created.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

EPe9686518
shadow

Post#322 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:38 pm

mrneo240 wrote:At most I could see a main and a custom dat but ideally whoever would be interested in making a custom one would submit info back to the main source.
That way it can benefit everyone and everyone is using an agreed upon serial for it.

Currently in the spreadsheet there is:
Official usa (complete)
Official pal (complete)
Official jap (80/652)
Atomiswave (complete)
Unlicensed/homebrew/unreleased/translation (2/∞)

Quick question, what is the links to the spreadsheets for the meta data/serials? I would like to add some too and help update it!

sonik
Developer

Post#323 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:08 pm

MoeFoh wrote:mrneo would need to write a single Windows GUI app to handle the User DAT creation/editing part.

I'm working on it... But it will take some time to be ready.
I hope to add this functionality to the manager.
It already can read the dat but not edit/save.

meudat.png
EDF! EDF! EDF!

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#324 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:00 pm

MoeFoh wrote:A User created DAT can easily be shared by the user, if desired.

Some ambitious soul could create a doozy, but a tool must be created.

tools have been shared previously. nothing graphical since that isnt what i use. the format is fairly simple and open source if someone would like to make one.

otherwise, if people add to the spreadsheet then it will already fit into my workflow and just be there with updates

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#325 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:57 pm

Check out this picture collection. It's got a ton of custom cover art that will be useful. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14211

CORE316
photon blast

Post#326 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:08 am

OK I have finally gotten mostly my Dreamcast Collection Sorted again... now I can try and help contribute with Open Menu / Card Reader.

@mrneo240
@sonik

I have accumulated a lot of unofficial CDIs that would make a fine addition to anyones collection but obviously they aftermarket and we need covers and synopsis etc , so im ready to help out.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#327 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:36 am

CORE316 wrote:I have accumulated a lot of unofficial CDIs that would make a fine addition to anyones collection but obviously they aftermarket and we need covers and synopsis etc , so im ready to help out.

pirated CDIs often used IP.BIN from other games, it makes no sense to fix the menu for such games, in this case you need to fix the images themselves, namely, enter up-to-date information in IP.BIN

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#328 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:22 pm

Newest version of GDMenuCardManager to be soon publicly released supports overriding serial from serial.txt in the folder of the gdi/cdi much as how name.txt works.

No need to touch any images if you use this tool, otherwise there are other manual ways that do not touch the disc images but they are tedious.

enjoy. sorry for huge delays, have not been in right frame of mind to write code in a while.

sonik
Developer

Post#329 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:54 pm

mrneo240 wrote:tools have been shared previously. nothing graphical since that isnt what i use. the format is fairly simple and open source if someone would like to make one.

I'm creating a GUI tool to manage the openMenu DAT files.
For now it's stand alone but it will be merged into GDMenuCardManager.

Guys please help test it :)

Thread link:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15253
EDF! EDF! EDF!

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#330 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:01 pm

sonik wrote:
mrneo240 wrote:tools have been shared previously. nothing graphical since that isnt what i use. the format is fairly simple and open source if someone would like to make one.

I'm creating a GUI tool to manage the openMenu DAT files.
For now it's stand alone but it will be merged into GDMenuCardManager.

Guys please help test it :)

Thread link:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15253

MoeFoh will help with the testing.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski