openMenu Alpha 1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: openMenu Alpha 1

Post#231 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:21 am

Youre not bugging me or anything. just things keep coming up on my weekends and taking time. I am now just going to try and dedicate an hour or two each evening to work on openMenu instead of trying for weekends.

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Post#232 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:48 am

Hello guys. I´ve been following for a while and finally decided to give it a try, but can´t det openmenu to show on screen. I followed the installation guide at github but after the sega white screen it shows just a black screen, and every 3 seconds an orange line of garbage shows and dissapears.
Really tried following the steps like 10 times, but always the same.

I´m using a J-NTSC console and a ScartRGB with 15kHz/31kHz switch to an OSSC, and no issue at all with GDMenu so far.

Maybe someone can figure where the problem is, I´m out of ideas

MarkyB1986
rebel

Post#233 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:17 am

Apparently gdemu menu card manager 1.3.4 doesn’t work and you need to use 1.3.3. Maybe this is the issue?

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Post#234 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:55 am

MarkyB1986 wrote:Apparently gdemu menu card manager 1.3.4 doesn’t work and you need to use 1.3.3. Maybe this is the issue?

I´m using v1.3.2.

Edit: downloaded v1.3.3 and worked like a charm at first try, many thanks.

Another question: I have another sd card already full (mostly GDI) with 700 games (512Gb) for GDMENU, I think I can just transform the sd card for openmenu, instead of deleting everything and adding it back again (just to not have to set the sd again, it was a pain).
In any case I would wait until CDI games are supported (hopefully).

Anyway I want to thank @mrneo240 for his effort and good work.

MarkyB1986
rebel

Post#235 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:33 pm

Yes it can be converted over

ace8hd
noob

Post#236 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:28 pm

Hello, I'm having the exact same issue as Dr Sabroson above so I downloaded version 1.3.3 as I was previously using version 1.3.4 and I am still getting the same issue. I'm using S-video to a Sony FV300 and I am using the ebay 60ish dollar version of the gdemu if any of that makes a difference. I also have tried following the instructions multiple times now with no luck yet I can use normal GDmenu without issue. If I could get some guidance I would appreciate it. Thanks

MarkyB1986
rebel

Post#237 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:55 pm

ace8hd wrote:Hello, I'm having the exact same issue as Dr Sabroson above so I downloaded version 1.3.3 as I was previously using version 1.3.4 and I am still getting the same issue. I'm using S-video to a Sony FV300 and I am using the ebay 60ish dollar version of the gdemu if any of that makes a difference. I also have tried following the instructions multiple times now with no luck yet I can use normal GDmenu without issue. If I could get some guidance I would appreciate it. Thanks

Clone gdemu won’t make a difference so is fine to use. Not sure about the lead as I use an hdmi converter

sonik
Developer

Post#238 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:02 am

Let me try to help...
Are you using mrneo's version of the manager, "GDMENU Card Manager 1.3.3-openMenu" ?
The main version of the app (currently at 1.3.4) is not ready to be used with openmenu.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

lamprey
noob

Post#239 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:03 pm

Hi,

I just discovered openMenu and so far it is really cool!!

A couple of questions:

1. I've seen there are different themes available (besides the 3 that some with it). Is there a place to download other themes or a theme editor?

2. I read that there is or will be an app to "unpack" the current DAT files so we can make changes and then "pack" the DAT files back up. Is such a program available for the masses not or is that still in progress?

3. Related to #2, how is the artwork referenced? Is it by the DISC ID? Just curious as couple of games I thought should have artwork are not showing, but they are games I renamed too. (i.e. The King of Fighters
2000. I renamed to King of Fighters 2000, The).

Thanks for all the hard work! I'm Looking forward to the future updates!

Cheers!

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#240 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:12 pm

lamprey wrote:Hi,
I just discovered openMenu and so far it is really cool!!

A couple of questions:

Cheers!

I believe they were shared here or in discord. Other than that I can share you the gimp template. Basically though it's 2 images: 512x512 and 128x128.

Tools are public, heck the whole project is open source. Tooling and formats included.
I can toss an archive here of the tools, they should be fairly easy to figure out how to use.

Everything is based on the serial of the disc according to the disc itself. Redump.org has a handy search to find them.

I'll try to answer more questions