openMenu Alpha 1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

legit
shadow

Re: openMenu Alpha 1

Post#351 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:26 am

MoeFoh wrote:
legit wrote:- Possibility to add entire folders (scan files)
For .gdi's, you can't put all of them on the same level because of the .bin's and .raw's named equal. So this is the way for unarchived games: Click "+" -> Open Folder -> Select .gdi -> Click "+" -> Return to base level -> Open Folder -> and so on..

Nope. Keep each GDI in a separate folder - multiple select folders - drag-n-drop. Simple.

If that works, my suggestion is even easier to implement. This is UX related, not functional.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#352 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:03 am

legit wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
legit wrote:- Possibility to add entire folders (scan files)
For .gdi's, you can't put all of them on the same level because of the .bin's and .raw's named equal. So this is the way for unarchived games: Click "+" -> Open Folder -> Select .gdi -> Click "+" -> Return to base level -> Open Folder -> and so on..

Nope. Keep each GDI in a separate folder - multiple select folders - drag-n-drop. Simple.

If that works, my suggestion is even easier to implement. This is UX related, not functional.

It works - that's the way I use it.

No additional coding is needed. The ability is built-in to the OS open file design, but I understand your suggestion.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

sonik
Developer

Post#353 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:02 pm

Well... Drag and Drop on this app does not work on linux. But works fine on windows. Can't be fixed currently.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

megavolt85
Developer

Post#354 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:53 am

sonik wrote:Well... Drag and Drop on this app does not work on linux. But works fine on windows. Can't be fixed currently.

actually this is not a problem, I add all the necessary games through the file manager, then I run GDmenu Card Manager and it creates an image with a menu without any problems

oberzilla
shadow

Post#355 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:12 am

I'm brainfarting. How does one get the config option to pop up?

Lila Corpsegrave
shadow

Post#356 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:17 pm

I might have to replace GDmenu soon! I'll have to look into the features you've packed in here.

legolas119
fire

Post#357 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:27 am

Last edited by legolas119 on Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeORomani
lithium

Post#358 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:05 am

Hi, quick two questions

Is this still GDI-only menu?
Is there an utility to automatically convert CDI into GDI?

Thanks in advance

brad86
rebel

Post#359 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:23 am

Read the guide carefully, and set the SD card up correctly, but I still get a black screen after the SEGA logo. Not sure what else I need to do. I'm on the latest (oct-nov 2021) V5.20(5.20.3) GDEMU clone.

Normal GDMENU boots perfectly fine.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#360 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:44 am

brad86 wrote:Read the guide carefully, and set the SD card up correctly, but I still get a black screen after the SEGA logo. Not sure what else I need to do. I'm on the latest (oct-nov 2021) V5.20(5.20.3) GDEMU clone.

Normal GDMENU boots perfectly fine.

Make sure your using v1.3.3, updated with the newest DAT files.

https://github.com/mrneo240/GDMENUCardManager/releases
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski