openMenu Alpha 1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: openMenu Alpha 1

Post#171 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:18 pm

mrneo240 wrote:Please can I have your openMenu.ini file.

There might be an issue with how I'm setting the disc # when you have tons of games

yup. its not exactly the same since I deleted the games and started adding again. but the same problem occurred.
Attachments
GDEMU.ini
(50 Bytes) Downloaded 169 times

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#172 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:37 am

I had issues as well after I had removed and added new games to the SD card. But formatting the card and adding all of the games again always fixes it.

Problem seems to be when you are removing games and adding games at the same time.

MarkyB1986
rebel

Post#173 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:48 am

FlorreW wrote:Problem seems to be when you are removing games and adding games at the same time.

I did this not long ago and haven't come across any problems

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#174 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:51 am

I thought the same thing.. I deleted the games after Sega soccer and saved changes. Then started loading games again but this time five at a time. The same thing happened. The problem started at folder number 256.

Mrneo240 will fix it so no worries. Just a small bump in the road to greatness.

LeSpank
undertow

Post#175 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:45 am

After using this for a day or so I've come across an issue with NTSC content on a PAL machine. Hopefully mrneo or others can assist!!

Background - I am from the UK, so I own a PAL console but use a NTSC U/J romset in order to avoid 50Hz completely. I know most games allow you to select between 50/60 but there are also a lot that never had that option coded in.

Previously, my GDEMU never seemed to have a problem loading images in their native refresh rate (to my knowledge). However, since switching to openMenu it doesn't seem to be consistent. Some NTSC images load at 60Hz, some in 50Hz full screen and some even in 50Hz with borders.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this something that is or can be controlled by the menu itself?

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#176 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:59 am

LeSpank wrote:loading images in their native refresh rate (to my knowledge). However, since switching to openMenu it doesn't seem to be consistent. Some NTSC images load at 60Hz, some in 50Hz full screen and some even in 50Hz with borders.

I am also a PAL user that has 99% of my library ntscm i have not had any issues with any images, can you please describe your problem further , maybe a little movie clip :D

sonik
Developer

Post#177 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:59 am

mrneo240 wrote:
deluxux wrote:I can't get this to run on Linux while sonik-br's version does.

perplexing. ill try to somehow look into that, im thinking its how im publishing it

Looks like your builds are "framework-dependent". I'm guessing it by looking at the filesize of the release.
If that's the case then try building it as "self-contained".

Back when I first released a linux build some users could not get the framework on they machines. So I decided to bundle the framework with the app.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

LeSpank
undertow

Post#178 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:31 am

A short demo of the PAL/60Hz issue I'm having:

All my images are from the archive.org TOSEC set...

Assume that some games detect the console region and others don't???

FlorreW wrote:I am also a PAL user that has 99% of my library ntscm i have not had any issues with any images, can you please describe your problem further , maybe a little movie clip :D

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#179 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:44 pm

LeSpank wrote:A short demo of the PAL/60Hz issue I'm having:

All my images are from the archive.org TOSEC set...

Assume that some games detect the console region and others don't???

FlorreW wrote:I am also a PAL user that has 99% of my library ntscm i have not had any issues with any images, can you please describe your problem further , maybe a little movie clip :D

Thats what i call a good explanation of the problem ! Im sorry thou that i cant understand why this is hapening to you. Maybe it happens to me as well i just have not noticed , if so i will report back here but i have not experianced this so far.

Did you try to download different images to see if that made any difference ?
If you try the same images on the "old gdemumenu" version out there , do you still have this problem ?

LeSpank
undertow

Post#180 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:10 pm

FlorreW wrote:If you try the same images on the "old gdemumenu" version out there , do you still have this problem ?

Good idea, I just did exactly that - on the 'old' GDEMU menu (madsheep??) everything runs perfectly at 60Hz. No 50Hz, no borders.