openMenu Alpha 1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Re: openMenu Alpha 1

Post#371 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:32 pm

mrneo240 wrote:I hope soon. Apologies

No worries, there is a real life and all, take your time but indulge us again.

Thanks for the hard work, this is a gift for DC fans.

Pixel Sonic
noob

Post#372 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:01 pm

It seems like this has already been asked but I'm still having issues. I'm trying to get the game to Tee off to work using VGA and it won't work on openMenu but it will on GDMenu. Does anyone know why it doesn't work on openMenu since Force VGA should be on from what I know and it's just a BIOS flag that's disabled. Is there a button combo I'm missing or is this just this game or is it something else entirely?

sonik
Developer

Post#373 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:37 pm

mrneo240 wrote:I hope soon. Apologies

No need to apology. Take your time. :)
Just checking if everything is alright.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#374 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:41 pm

Pixel Sonic wrote:It seems like this has already been asked but I'm still having issues. I'm trying to get the game to Tee off to work using VGA and it won't work on openMenu but it will on GDMenu. Does anyone know why it doesn't work on openMenu since Force VGA should be on from what I know and it's just a BIOS flag that's disabled. Is there a button combo I'm missing or is this just this game or is it something else entirely?

Can you send me your openMenu.ini so I can be sure I test with the same gdi you have.

That shouldnt be happening but I'm not surprised there's an issue like that. I'll try to investigate next weekend

Guile_2021
shadow

Post#375 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:01 pm

Ive been experimenting with open menu for about a week now in my spare time and was wondering if their is a way to use the themes but still load the artwork from the GDI's like the OG menu. I spent alot of time updating .PVR files for my library and dont know if I want to spend the time doing the same for some of the missing or incorrect artwork in the DAT file editor.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#376 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:15 pm

Guile_2021 wrote:Ive been experimenting with open menu for about a week now in my spare time and was wondering if their is a way to use the themes but still load the artwork from the GDI's like the OG menu. I spent alot of time updating .PVR files for my library and dont know if I want to spend the time doing the same for some of the missing or incorrect artwork in the DAT file editor.

There is not, by design.

It sounds like something easily scriptable by extracting the 0gdtex.pvr per gdi and naming as the disc serial.
Then manually correcting the few that are "incorrect"

Guile_2021
shadow

Post#377 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:47 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. The DAT file editing tool is a little finicky though. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I try to save the edits to the file it crashes. Ill keep playing around with things when I have a little free time.

chrisrlink
undertow

Post#378 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:38 pm

so I'm guessing this is on hiatus? from what I'm reading

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#379 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:01 pm

chrisrlink wrote:so I'm guessing this is on hiatus? from what I'm reading

How so? dude just said
mrneo240 wrote:I'll try to investigate next weekend

That would be this weekend...

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#380 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:09 am

chrisrlink wrote:so I'm guessing this is on hiatus? from what I'm reading

Thankfully I've heard since it's open source that people will flock left and right to fix issues and extend functionality.

So as soon as they show up I'm sure it can get done