Hexen II Dreamcast Port TestBuild

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

animekai
lithium

Hexen II Dreamcast Port TestBuild

Post#1 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:00 pm

I have compiled a testbuild for Hexen II for dreamcast, i did not find any compilation, so i made one myself, the game boot, Button A is for action, B for jump, Start is menu, to attack u had to go to options and custom controls, the X (joy3) must put to attack or the MC would not attack.

Game has a erratic lateral bug, is playable some how, is a testbuild so if someone can build a better compile, here it is.

GDrive link for test it

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Hexen II Dreamcast Port TestBuild

Post#2 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:27 pm

Is this a new build of bero's port i can tell it's his by the error did you compile this from src ?

animekai
lithium

Post#3 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:52 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Is this a new build of bero's port i can tell it's his by the error did you compile this from src ?

Yes, i got the source, then compiled the cdi with bootdreams.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:23 pm

Is this made with the retail version of the game or the shareware demo? I thought last time somebody tried it only worked with shareware? If it is retail that is some progress.

animekai
lithium

Post#5 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:05 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Is this made with the retail version of the game or the shareware demo? I thought last time somebody tried it only worked with shareware? If it is retail that is some progress.

Yes, this is the retail version.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:21 pm

Dont know how any one could get that old thing to build lol i tried to download but it needs to be approved really need to convert it to gldc if these using his broken libgl that's why the problem he went into why long time ago

So you compiled this on kos1.1.9 or is this a new up port to kos2.0? I have got the bin to work the fullversion before

You need access
Ask for access, or switch to an account with access. Learn more

animekai
lithium

Post#7 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:01 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Dont know how any one could get that old thing to build lol i tried to download but it needs to be approved really need to convert it to gldc if these using his broken libgl that's why the problem he went into why long time ago

So you compiled this on kos1.1.9 or is this a new up port to kos2.0? I have got the bin to work the fullversion before

You need access

Sorry about that, the link should be accesible now

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:22 am

animekai wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Dont know how any one could get that old thing to build lol i tried to download but it needs to be approved really need to convert it to gldc if these using his broken libgl that's why the problem he went into why long time ago

You need access

Sorry about that, the link should be accesible now

I think i must of miss read what you did this is still bero's build building from src is not the same as taking a bin and making a cdi

Code: Select all

KallistiOS 1.1.7: Sun Aug 11 02:48:07 2002
  BERO@BERO700:/prog/kos-1.1.7
Error in dc\mem\sb.cpp:sb_WriteMem:465  -> Write to System Control Regs , not
mplemented , addr=5f74e4,data=1fffff | pc = 0x8C08FBE0
maple: active drivers:
    VMU Driver: Clock, LCD, MemoryCard
    Mouse Driver: Mouse
    Keyboard Driver: Keyboard
    Controller Driver: Controller
sbrk:16464

This is your cdi on debug. No one's been able to build it from src since 2002 src means source code and dev kit kos

This is not a new build

animekai
lithium

Post#9 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:39 am

yes i build it from the bin, with bootdreams, i got the plainfiles, modified the config.cfg a little to make it work with the retail, nothing new, but i have not seen any build of this so i just put everything together.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:34 am

animekai wrote:yes i build it from the bin, with bootdreams, i got the plainfiles, modified the config.cfg a little to make it work with the retail, nothing new, but i have not seen any build of this so i just put everything together.

Yes his build is broken it uses very old kos and libgl it cant be fixed other then start from the start it's a shame .. In time if i dont get burned out even more i will port this form new as i did hexen 1 from scatch it needs saving and music not that hard

I have sdl+ gldc working so proper new port of hexen ii is possible .. the above is stuck in 2002 and cant be changed to work correct

and his src code might as well be from an alien ship that crash landed